Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for my birthday Dad has already agreed to buy me a Stebel Compact Nautilus air-horn. It's $40 and is 139dB. Does anyone know of a horn that would be louder for the same price?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thats all ready louder than a jet taking off and almost as loud as a gun shoot. Watch your ears with that horn.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Mar 24 2009, 06:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712010
So for my birthday Dad has already agreed to buy me a Stebel Compact Nautilus air-horn. It's $40 and is 139dB. Does anyone know of a horn that would be louder for the same price?[/b]
what was wrong with the caddy horn idea?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing really except that it's easier to order a horn online than trying to find a Caddy in the JY.... so far I haven't found any.

Also, are the Caddy horns as loud as 139dB? Does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
QUOTE (Sean T. @ Mar 25 2009, 09:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712122
Nothing really except that it's easier to order a horn online than trying to find a Caddy in the JY.... so far I haven't found any.

Also, are the Caddy horns as loud as 139dB? Does anyone know?[/b]
I don't know about the loudness but the yard near me is literally busting at the seams with caddy horns.....

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
QUOTE (daveromanjr @ Mar 25 2009, 10:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712128

I don't know about the loudness but the yard near me is literally busting at the seams with caddy horns.....
[/b][/quote]

LOL.. same here

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (daveromanjr @ Mar 25 2009, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712128

[/b][/quote]
I do know that it's loud enough that nobody usually beeps back or makes rude gestures... :noes:

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
It's pretty funny watching the train horn videos on youtube. See whole restaurant jump. The one where the cop walks to the front of car and kind looks down for it and they tap the horn, hahaha. Video ended with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts