Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a project in mind and I'd like to get an extra headunit/ECC and don't know what to expect to pay for it? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (TenTwelve @ Apr 24 2009, 01:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720144
I've got a project in mind and I'd like to get an extra headunit/ECC and don't know what to expect to pay for it? Thanks![/b]
You mean EATC?

First off.. Those things are rare and hard to find.

Second you cant really buy a new one.

So your going to have to find someone willing to part with theirs (extremely hard to find)

Or you're going to have to scour a junkyard for a G3 that has EATC.

Not trying to burst your bubble.

What do you plan on doing with the EATC?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
$15-50 for a used one. All the pull a parts I've been to have at least 1 high series model with EATC.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 24 2009, 02:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720230
$15-50 for a used one. All the pull a parts I've been to have at least 1 high series model with EATC.[/b]
If you happen upon 1 would consider grabbing it? I'll cover shipping and anything for your troubles no problem. I've been in and around auto forums for years been moderating ClubSi for about 9 so, I can get people to vouch for me. :)

Oh and what I have in mind isn't quite what the one guy did to integrate an aftermarket h/u but it will involve a bit of customization. ;)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (TenTwelve @ Apr 24 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720291
$15-50 for a used one. All the pull a parts I've been to have at least 1 high series model with EATC.[/b]
If you happen upon 1 would consider grabbing it? I'll cover shipping and anything for your troubles no problem. I've been in and around auto forums for years been moderating ClubSi for about 9 so, I can get people to vouch for me. :)

Oh and what I have in mind isn't quite what the one guy did to integrate an aftermarket h/u but it will involve a bit of customization. ;)
[/b][/quote]
Sure, but I have no way test if the unit from the yard works (I have a G4). Send me a PM, and we'll work out the details.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 24 2009, 05:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720292
QUOTE (TenTwelve @ Apr 24 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=720291

[/b][/quote]
Sure, but I have no way test if the unit from the yard works (I have a G4). Send me a PM, and we'll work out the details.
[/b][/quote]

PM sent thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
i struck a gold mine here in new Brunswick - there's at least 2-3 gen 3 and 3-4 gen 4 EATC

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Nick (Bull Geek)! I know you said you were cleaning this unit up before you shipped it to me but, wow it seriously almost looks new with almost zero scratches. Not to mention it was packed extremely well (true online retailers should take note). Can't wait to dig into it (it's almost a shame really) and hopefully get what I want out of it so, I can get some pics up. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I see you already got one from Nick, and so this doesnt really help anymore, but in the yard I frequent, i think theres like 2-3 with EATC as well..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (mckpat03 @ May 1 2009, 01:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=722226
I see you already got one from Nick, and so this doesnt really help anymore, but in the yard I frequent, i think theres like 2-3 with EATC as well..[/b]
Might help others though. Thanks for the repy.

Oh and on top of my great experience buying with Nick I just tested it and it works just fine. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts