Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need some opinions here...lots...ok so here it is...should i keep my 1993 SHO with 106 thous. miles on it, or should i trade it in and buy something else..i was thinking of getting a 2003 Merc. Maurader...(they look, and sound sweet..302 hp, 4.6 DOHC....do i need say any more) let me know

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Originally posted by ATauri_92@Feb 23 2004, 10:29 AM
hey guys i need some opinions here...lots...ok so here it is...should i keep my 1993 SHO with 106 thous. miles on it, or should i trade it in and buy something else..i was thinking of getting a 2003 Merc. Maurader...(they look, and sound sweet..302 hp, 4.6 DOHC....do i need say any more) let me know
Only you can answer this! You need to think about the following (and this is NOT an exhaustive list):
Is the SHO paid for?
How much is the Merc?
Will I have payments on the Merc?
How much is the insurance on the vehicles?
How reliable is the SHO?
Has the SHO had its required maintenance?
Do I need an ultra reliable new car? Or will the older SHO suffice?
How much am I going to spend on maintenance on the SHO?
How much money do I have sunk into the SHO?
How much will I get for the SHO?

Mark
95 SHO

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I think if you can afford or even consider buying a Maurader, why question selling or trading the SHO??? You will hardly get anything for it from a dealer and, for what the Maurder cost, the little bit you will get for the SHO will mean nothing when you buy the Maurder. The SHO is worth more than you will get for it, assuming it's in good condition. Besides, what for the suprecharged Maurder to come out, I think next year or this year.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by D Man@Feb 23 2004, 11:34 AM
I think if you can afford or even consider buying a Maurader, why question selling or trading the SHO??? You will hardly get anything for it from a dealer and, for what the Maurder cost, the little bit you will get for the SHO will mean nothing when you buy the Maurder. The SHO is worth more than you will get for it, assuming it's in good condition. Besides, what for the suprecharged Maurder to come out, I think next year or this year.
I doubt what I saw was factory installed, but I did see a supercharged marauder at the track running 13's.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Keep in mind (and this is kinda sad) that the '03 Accord V6 (the 240 horse car with the stick) is faster than the 300 horse Marauder. Weight, man, weight. Your SHO might not be that much slower than a new (read: expensive) Mercury.

That will change if the S/C 'ed car comes out.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Feb 23 2004, 03:27 PM
Keep in mind (and this is kinda sad) that the '03 Accord V6 (the 240 horse car with the stick) is faster than the 300 horse Marauder. Weight, man, weight. Your SHO might not be that much slower than a new (read: expensive) Mercury.

That will change if the S/C 'ed car comes out.
Different kind of car though. The Marauder would smoke the Accord in a hilly climate, and the Accord is not as big. I would never shop those two cars together since they are made for amazingly different types of people.

J

·
0 Posts
I would keep both cars if you can.
Marauders kick @$$!! They are awesome! I would LOVE to have one :drools: I was reading about Marauders and a stock one, according to Motor Trend runs a 15.4s @ 93 mph, and that's pretty darn fast, especially stock. This is faster than a stock 96 Impala SS, which is supposedly the "fast" year (in recent history). So imagine if you did intake, not sure what you could do with exhaust and a custom programmed chip and/or a supercharger. That thing could easily be into 14's with exhaust, intake & a chip, which you could probably do for like $500-600 (with good deals). I say go for the Marauder & keep the SHO. As stated above, you would never get what the SHO is worth as a trade in. If you need to sell the SHO, sell it outright. and FYI - that really is not bad mileage for your SHO. Best of luck with your decision and/or purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Just a note.. I am looking at the marauder too.. and if anyone wants to see a nice one check out kennybrown.com Supercharged and all.. like someone said it's about weight.. and I"m not talking about accelleration.. your first upgrade should be brakes! and big ones! I'd keep the SHO personally if it's running good. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Another option would be the 01 Police Intersepter. Their alot cheaper, and in my opinion look better too. You could probably get one in your states' police color. Ford also did something good to the heads in 01 making it faster. Supercharge that car and you'll have a monster on your hands.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I had heard that the Marauder is gone after 04....

Did anyone see the concept for a 2-door convertable Marauder? It made the cover of AutoWeek about a year ago. Man was that sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Almost forgot, that convertable had a supercharger too!!)

X

·
0 Posts
For the cost of a Maraudar, I'd rather get a 6 speed nissan maxima with some decent options. But if the Merc is what you want, go for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To be honest, I would go for the Mercury only because even though the SHO is a great car! Well, a 1993? I prefer the more recent bodies myself. Including the nice 8 inch sub that they used to put in the back.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
The Marauder also has the world's sexiest stock wheels. Plus, I have also heard of a retro-fit S/C kit, not sure if that's true or not.

Oh, and welcome to the
koreangodess! I think I've seen your car on CD before. Stick around, if you like bulls, this is -the- place to be. Plus, it's far more addictive than just about any substance known to man, you'll see.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Given, I love Tauruses, and especially the sho's, but as they get older, some problems may arise, so I would go with a Marauder. If you got the funds, and you are seriously considering it, i say go for it. Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Erica, that's a nice car you got there. The neons look good too, probably better in person. Do you have any more "showy" things planned for the future?? Or are you goning to go for the PERFORMANCE stuff now

By the way, NICE pics of you with your car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts