Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was just wondering what some of you guys would do if you ever hit the lottery.

What would be the first thing you purchased afterwards??

as for me, this is what I would buy first, and yes, its a mustang :blink:

Click ME!!!!

my favorite quote from that listing
"Additional Equipment: Military Configuration with Guns" :huh: :blink: :ph34r:

then, I would restore my SHO
well, what would you guys do?
Andrew

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Go buy my Sable back and rebuild it.

I'd also buy my dream garage and have all the cars I ever wanted. There would definitely be a Ferrari somewhere in there.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Wow Dan, you have a firm belief of tithing. 10% is a lot, but its something I am working toward.

Anyway, I would give the 10%, then I would turn my Sable into a terror (thinking Chevy powered LS1 10 second monster). Then I would pay my house off, then put the rest into college for my kids.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
First, give enough money to my parents so that they can pay off their house, bills, credit cards, etc. Then enough money to buy 4 new cars: one for my mother, father, sister, and brother. Finally, some extra money to cover two kids' college expenses that are coming up and enough money to settle and retire on in the future.

The rest for me would be used to pay for the little money I do spend for college expenses, buying a new BMW 328i Coupe, a new MacBook Pro, and the rest of the money put into a combination of high-yield savings, money market, and stock-based accounts. If I have the time, I might play around with small percentage in the stock market. Majority though would be in savings and money market.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'd put almost all of it into a savings account, pay off all my student loans, maybe buy a newer car and put Pheonix on summer duty and slowly start to rebuild her and build her up. As well as give my parents some of it to help them out with bills and such...

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
whats tithing?

anyways, id pay off all debts for me and my girl, get a house, get like one dope car for each of us, help my parents out of the mess theyre in and stash the rest in various ways (mutual funds, savings, bag of cash hidden in the house for emergencies lol, etc), quit my job and go back to school or open a business (still gotta work because thats what grown ups do, but id like to do something more enjoyable)

dont know what kind of car id get, gotta test drive and see what i like. just from reading around id prob go with a 4 door bmw 335ix. not too big, not too small, pretty safe from what i read, 300 hp, awd, little to no turbo lag and handles like a dream im sure. i drove a 2004 325i and fell in love, i can only imagine what this drives like. no i-drive though for me.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
whats tithing?

[/b]
Giving a percentage of your income (usually 10%) to the church that you attend.

Edit: Wait, sorry, tithing, I remember now, comes from the Old English meaning tenth, so it is giving 10%, or 1/10 of something, to someone or something, such as taxes, levy, etc. Stereotypically, though, it usually is cash or checks for support of a Christian or Jewish church or organization.

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
I'd pay my parents back for my college education, buy a house in cash (with a nice garage), buy a super sweet car (so I can be the coolest teacher in the school), and put the rest in the bank.

I'd probably plan a really nice wedding too and a big reception (open bar all night, of course).

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Pay off my debts and immediate family memebers debts, buy a house, buy a new car, invest the rest. And still work a full time job. I'd be too bored sitting at home all day.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Pay off college, then drop out and use the money to do something worthwhile.

Just kidding, I'd buy a junkyard.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
I'd focus on the family first, however my parents aren't in debt at all and are only paying on one car, thats it. I'd pay the car off, take my mom to get a new car.

Next I'd take them to any medical facility in the world possible to see whats wrong with my dad and if there's any possible way to correct it. I doubt it (He's pretty far gone as it is now, sadly) but that's what I'd want to do.

Then I'd build them a dream home, letting my mom pick out each and every feature/color/design the way she's always wanted to. I'd hire people to take care of the house for them so there's never a worry about it.

Then onto my Aunt who's almost like a second mother to me. I'd build her a house also letting her pick everything out. I'd pay off her car and any other debt she has.

I'd give my other Aunt who lives kinda far away enough to buy a new house, along with my two cousins who also live out there and are on their own.

I'd then give my landlady enough money to pay off the house that she converted into apartments. She's had a very difficult life, her husband dropped dead several years ago right after they redid the house. I'd gladly do it for her as she's one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people I've ever met.

I don't know if the humane society by me has found a new place yet (they're being evicted, the old owners of the building were donating it to them, but the new owners want to tear it down and build something other Super Mega Mart). I would donate enough to get them nice, new facilities as all but one of our animals have come from there and they rock.

With what's left, I'd pay off the rest of my student loans and the tiny bit I have left from moving expenses that I've been paying off. I don't have much debt myself but it'd be nice to get it taken care. I'd get my own place, probably still in Beaver, close by to help out with my father. I love the town and the area and see no reason to leave. There are some nice old, turn of the century homes that I'd love to have restored. That's what my apartment building is like and I love it. Have a nice garage and private driveway and I'd be happy. I'd rather make others happy first, that's where I get the most from.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd become a politician and buy my election just like everyone else.
[/b]
hahaha, I agree

the point is when you win that much money, work with an accountant, set up a limited liability corporation, then pay the family members out of it. and invest a certain portion. I would give some to my church, but if it was a large jackpot, there's no way i would give 10%.....at a certain point, only so much money is needed, the rest they'll use to show off...:(

If I had enough, I'd buy the 800acres for sale next to us then, in addition to the mustang, and prolly build a road course to rival lemans. and use the money from that to fund a performance shop/resto sho business...

and the straight on the roadcourse could double as a dragway and runway for the p51d....:)

trust me, my family would just work in the different business enterprises. I've been raised that you earn everything, and if you won the lotto, I assure you I'd still be working. Doing what, idk. I'd still try to be a police officer....I just love the career
Andrew

1 - 20 of 64 Posts