Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weather: 80
slightly cloudy
little to no wind
evening
dry

distractions: radio off, you just reached up to close the sun roof, all other windows are closed, heat/AC off

location: 2 lane divided highway. (2 lanes grass/trees 2 lanes) very slight turns

senario: making a rare hegh speed run you have the car WOT and are traveling at around 140 (pretend if it cant) you see a cop in the center median shooting radar on your side of the road about 1/4 to 1/2 a mile ahead of you, there is a exit 1-2 miles ahead. *pause*

other notes. you are in the left lane after passing your first car since you opened it up. you notice there is one about 3/4 mile ahead driving in the left lane, there is a over pass just infront of that car... to be continued*

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I'd keep going and exit. I did this once. Well, somewhat, I thought there was a cop on my tail for like 20 miles, so I just ducked out.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that your internet :censored: talking or is that wha you would realy do :lol2:

Edit by n2_space: Watch the really bad language please :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd let off the gas, and take the first exit I could find. Then I would make a bunch of turns in a residential or business area to lose any cop that followed me.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
this has happened to me a couple of times. i wasn't going 140, but i was going fast enough to probably get my license tooken away on site. all those times its been kinda dark, so i always froze. i didn't want to hit my brakes cause then he would know i was speeding and than radar me. so i let off the gas if i can, or hit the gas to get off the nearest exit. i than flew to where ever i could hide for awhile. this has gotten me out of about 3 or 4 tickets. and the cops did follow me but they couldn't find me. (i never saw lights though), just seen them pull out to come after me. so it wasn't like i was running from them. if they would of had their lights on than i would of stopped.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Put it back to the floor, Take the overpass up and back down if possible and then back on interstate, next possible exit get off hide the car and get a burger and by the time you get back you should be fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
a guy in my subdavsion had the cops chasing him and he call home and told them to open the shed :) witch wuz big enoff for a car and pull into the shed once he went home :) the cops were drivin around the sub davsion all nite looking for the guy lol :censored: kept me up lol whats a smart guy though the cops were like wtf did he go becuz there is only one way out and in

edit: this wuz about a year ago** didnt know if this is important but felt like adding it

Troper - wasn't really needed to get point across

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I'd keep it floored and go to the next exit, unless I knew there was another exit not too far down the road. I'm sure they radio for backup if they have someone fly down the road, and if they get ahead of you before the next exit you are fvcked. I've done top speed runs a couple times and fortunately never have seen a cop.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Sep 1 2004, 06:00 PM
What about the option for the suicide pill? Or offering a monetary or sexual bribe to the officer?
Sexual bribe....not the 'ole "breath-alyzer" test. :blink: :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I would see if I could get my head between my legs so I could kiss my ass goodbye...

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
just a note, if you can see the cop, it's too late...lol... so my answer, floor it and go to the next u-turn road that you're not suppose to use that the cop can't see and turn around...lol

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
1. Throw baggies of baking soda out the window (just for fun)

2. Ask the officer if he could stop at wal-mart so you can buy nylons for your new cell-mate/girlfriend Bruno

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by detroit_raver+Sep 1 2004, 06:50 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (detroit_raver @ Sep 1 2004, 06:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-submariner@Sep 1 2004, 07:40 PM
Flip him off 'cause you're fscked anyways... If anybody knows Allen Park, MI cops, then you know how much of an a--holes they are
i think that applies to all michigan cops. ;) [/b][/quote]
Boy don't I know, I may be on my learners license still but damnit don't tell me that I shouldn't be driving when they failed to properly set up flares around a fresh reck, however they may have been the first rollers on the scene, but the accident couldn't have been in much worse a place. I was boxed in, too much traffic coming from my right and traffic trying to get onto northwestern hwy just before west I696, I was going to either have to stop behind the cop cars or add to the pile up, I chose to stop, since no one would let me over. As my father starts to get out of the car so we can switch drivers the cop first approaches him with a finger at his gun. My father tried to explain the situation, well that really didn't help as the cop started saying crap like then He's not ready for real driving, after requiring me to prove that I had a licence with me, which I had. I may not have been prepared for an accident popping up in what used to be clear sailing not 100ft before after coming down that road many times before then but I can handle a car in real world situations rather well compared to other (wannabe punk @$$) kids around my age. I really don't appreciate all the wrecks and psychos congregating around me. I have other stories but I'll save them for another time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
What about number plates? I have a friend in a R33 Skyline GTS-t who did something like that and thought he got away with it - but then the police came to his house and stirred him up a bit.
In the end he just got a warning because they couldn't prove it was him for sure (he said he was home all evening and police here make mistakes when writing down number plates)
Without numberplates I wouldn't be stopping.

Julian

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
This sounds like either the Thruway, 219, or the 400?

In the SHO I'd slam on the brakes, engaging the 4 Powerslots and CerMet pads in unison with the brand new calipers, letting the Pirelli's do their job, and cruise by him about 7 over. because there ain't no way am I gonna give him a fly-by, depending on where this was, 'cause he's got a buddy or three sitting up a mile or so in the classic "hunter-killer" tactic. I like my car, I'd prefer to keep it.

Or, if it was the Vulcan, I'd slam on the brakes, engaging the Baer vented rotors and CerMet pads in unison with the rebuilt Bendix drums, letting the Yokohama's do their job, and cruise by him about 7 under, because there ain't no way my Vulcan is gonna push 140. :lol: I like my car, I'd prefer to keep it... slow.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts