Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, one simple question.

what would you prefer in the snow.

a 96 jeep grand cherokee limited with decent tires, or a 95 sable with good tires?

my father decided to use my car today.. the sable, over his 4wd jeep. I JUST put new speakers and a new radio in my car too..

but yeah what would you choose?!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
hmm. ive always been more comfortable in my car in the snow since i drive it everyday. it would depend tho, if i drove a jeep everyday, i would probably be more comfortable driving that

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I'd choose the Sable...

I dunno about you, but I've seen too many SUV's in the ditch or in accidents in snow, and I know how much of a pain driving a truck in snow can sometimes be.

·
Registered
971 Posts
whichever had the better tires,

my old 95 had good tires on it and now and them my dad would take it to work, when i didnt have school, because his 2WD truck has crap tires on it and it even suprises him that it hasn't met the ditch yet.

EDIT: 1,000 post

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
After being stationed in Cheyenne for several years, and spending lots of time in Denver as well, I'd take the 4wd. I never needed it too much, but the few times I did, it helped me get out of a spot a car would not have.

However, if the tires suck there is no point.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
depends on how much snow there is for me if there is is alot of snow i will drive my bronco 2 but if it is slushy or icy i will drive my sable by bronco has 4 wheel drive but no abs my does have abs

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
My Chevy Trailblazer was amazing when the tires weren't ****, but now I only find it even driveable in inclement weather WITH 4WD mode on.

That said, I'd take my front heavy, confident handling Taurus over my parents two Civics any day in the snow.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I'd take the Sable over just about any SUV. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I prefer my taurus in the snow. I also own a 4X4 suburban, but i prefer the taurus because it has anti-loc brakes.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
How bout choosing between a Grand Cherokee SRT or a SHO. :p

I'd get the AWD SRT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts