Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
First of all let me introduce myself, My name is Bill, I live in Ontario Canada and I am a new member of the Northeast Club (Yay!). I have been snooping around on these boards for a while now, Just got my Taurus in December, I am looking for suggestions regarding the engine and handling aspects of my car, I will fill in some details. (It was a cop car.. I still have all the mounting holes in the dash from the radio etc... I also have a Radar Gun mount in the top center of my windshield... [ANYONE know how to get that OFF??], it still has heavy duty blinkers and until recently had alternating headlights...)

1994 Ford Taurus GL
3.0 Vulcan V6
162k Kilometers

Here is whats been done so far....

Brand new transmission (Dec 19, 2003)
17x7 MB motoring Aluminum rims _
215/45/ZR17 Hercules G5000Z Tires _| Neither installed yet
Dual Exhaust (split in front of Spare tire well)
tinted windows (came like that)
Spoiler from a 1992 Chev Cavalier Z24 (fits right on.. some drilling involved!)
Sony Explod System (not massive bucks.. but loud enough =] )
Sony CDX-F5705X
Sony XM-D400P5 800w mono Amp
Sony XL-L101P5 x2 10" 1100w subs
Sony 6.5" speakers in the doors
Sony 6x9" in the rear deck

Here is what im looking at doing

SHO instrument guage with tach (im told itll just plug and play)
1996 SHO brakes (again told with caliper brakets it will just slide on)
Looking for CHARCOAL GREY OR DARK GREEN INTERIOR (any chance?)
Tokico struts and eibach lowering springs (any ideas?)

And stuff id like to do but have no idea whats the best...

CAI or something for better airflow
Sparkwires, Sparkplugs and Distributor?
Front strut stabilizer...
Headlight covers, or the paint for lights.
clear sidemarkers?
Sunroof.. prolly ASC 840 (if i can get headliner from taurus with sunroof =])

heh... big plans eh?
If anyone has some info/tips/PRODUCTS from my Taurus.. let me know..be forewarned though... im in canada so if youre gunna sell to me it has to go to canada! thanks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in Orillia ontario..

The digital cluster can go in? sweet.. whats involved?

i think i might want SHO side skirts too... i found some front and rear bumpers from a GS300 that fit... but no skirts... i just dont wanna make my SLO a SHO.. wanna do something different

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Welcome to the club! That sure sounds like a nice car. Got any pics?

If you do a serach on teh digital cluster, you'll find an article on how to do it. It shouldn't be too hard to do the conversion.

·
Registered
478 Posts
the sunroof would be cool......thinking about trying to put one in myself...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Doesn't your police car have a 130mph speedometer? If I remember correctly the police package has the higher then 85 mph speedo. You can defiantly take the sable cluster and put that in (i did that with my 94 gl) and the tech will work just fine. Also you can transplant the speedometer from your current cluster into the sable cluster. I don't remember the details I did this a few years ago but the speedo does come out of the cluster easily and you shouldn't have any trouble swapping it into the sable cluster.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah my speedometer goes to 210 KM/hr (130 Mph)

As soon as i get the new rims on i will post some pics. =]
I dont wanna post pics with ugly winter metal on =]
thanks for the help with the cluster, also.. if anyone knows where i can find a wrecked 1993 SHO with "BLACK" interior.. i'd like to get the door panels and the headliner... (IF theyre any good, id go pretty much anywhere on the eastern seaboard if the deal is good)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
IIRC, there's two types of digital clusters - one that only goes up to 85 mph and the other goes into triple digits. Might want to check it out if the digital cluster you're purchasing has three place markers on it for the 3 numbers. Although, it might not make a difference since you're in canada and all gauges read in Km/h.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well... i got pics of the basic beater up. im gunna have all you guys to thank for anything/everything i do... lol and shes a diamond in the rough now... VERY ROUGH.. not to mention my entire town is under 3 feet of mud =/

RIMS came today though!! got hit with an extra 97$ getting them across the border! (dayum taxes) BUT.. they are suuuuuuweeet!!

im still trying to find the thread regarding the digital cluster.. if you know where it is. or have other info alex.. send me a shout please =]

i think im only about an hour or hour/half from you/

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah... butmines a** backwards cause its a CANADIAN EH!!

lmao! it goes to 210km in white.. the last mph numbering is 130 Mph =]

thanks for the digital cluster info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts