Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something that I may be missing?

Trans Cooler to be installed soon, Alberto's Chip coming in soon, I got Flowmaster 40 Series, Cold Air Intake, and a couple more things coming soon. EBC Brakes to be in soon, with rotors. Gimme some more Ideas please!!

Sablerider, those EBC Rotors good?

I want some more HP with out having to do some major engine conversion.

Also might give Brad a offer on the Heads and Cams off that SVT Contour. Let me know Brad!!

Well let me know guys,

SableSal

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Do you have rear disc brakes? If not, look into it. If you do, consider the SHO brake upgrade like I am doing to my gen 4 w/the rears.

-DC

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I got rear discs. I was planning on looking into when i do the EBCs. Anything else? Or do I pretty much have it all covered?

SableSal

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I don't think anyone makes UDP's for the Duratec anymore. I know Venom has an UDP (SHOShop? I think so) for his 'tec. If you can't find any UDP's, look into getting a VAK. If you don't know what a VAK is, search around to find more info. It basically turns off all accessories at WOT to give you the most power possible. It's essentially a UDP, but only when you really need it.
STB's and SFC's aren't bad ideas either.

-Rob

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Jul 17 2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah I got rear discs. I was planning on looking into when i do the EBCs. Anything else? Or do I pretty much have it all covered?

SableSal
Maybe PFC pads for the rears. They are a cheap upgrade, about $50.

What about the interior? Stereo? Sub(s)?

-DC

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
SixFoFalcon makes the VAK IIRC. $100 for the unit.

Get the SFC and STB from Bob.

I have the EBC rotors; they are Uber nice, but make a ticking sound when going down the road. Iv'e gotten used to it, but it may annoy you more than me.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Im not going into a stereo, Im not all into that. I do have a CD Player and Im replacing the stock speakers with some nice ones, but not too sure what Im going to get. I used to do custom stereo's for a living. So yeah... lol

I forgot, but I am going to get the VAK. But still later. LOL

More ideas welcomed. Thanks guys

SableSal

·
Registered
131 Posts
Maybe a bigger MAF or a Hi-flow Y-pipe. Or both.
I drive a SHO, so I don't know the best place to get them from.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Jul 17 2004, 08:25 PM
SixFoFalcon makes the VAK IIRC.  $100 for the unit. 

Paul Nimz is actually the person who makes them. (SHOZ123)

They sell for about $100. The cut the Alternator load and vaps if you have it.

The heads and cams are $500 for thoes intrested. Includes Heads cams AND as a bonus, the valve covers which ARE needed for this project.

These will rase your compression to 11.25:1 netting some good power. Plus, extrude hone secondare intake ports!

Brad

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Jul 17 2004, 11:47 PM
The heads and cams are $500 for thoes intrested. Includes Heads cams AND as a bonus, the valve covers which ARE needed for this project.
Brad, how much shipped?

93702-4116

Thats the Zip, let me know

SableSal

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
ok cool... let me get with some people and see what I can do. Please hold them for me. I'll let you know in about 2 days tops. I am VERY interested. Thanks again Brad

SableSal

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
im dumb

what a VAK IIRC that will cut the load on my alternator ?????? im lost here need some light

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
yeah it will. It'll cut off AC, Alternator, and some PS. So you get the optimal engine performance right at WOT. Not too bad if you ask me.

SableSal

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Jul 18 2004, 05:10 AM
yeah it will. It'll cut off AC, Alternator, and some PS. So you get the optimal engine performance right at WOT. Not too bad if you ask me.

SableSal
Not sure about other years, but the '03 service manual says that the PCM cuts the load on the alternator at WOT. All cars cut the A/C.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure about your year, but here is a quote from '03:
The second benefit is improved engine performance. Whenever the PCM senses a wide-open throttle (WOT) condition, the PCM will momentarily lower the regulator voltage set point. This reduces the torque load of the generator on the engine and improves acceleration. The PCM has a calibratable time limit on this reduced voltage feature. This is to prevent the generator output from being cut back for an extended WOT period, which could cause battery discharge.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
One easy way to keep track of what to do next (for peformance) to your car is start with the CAi, like you have done already. But get a larger MAF, like a 75mm. Than work on getting a larger throttle body, one is not available so some SERIOUS research is needed. Than, you can either make your own upper intake or take it off and get the whole inside P&P, maybe polish the outside too, so it can be painted and look reallly nice. Than get the larger seconderies in the lower intake. That should be a good start for the air coming in, as for the air going out. Go to a GOOD exhaust shop (since you live in Cali, I know their are more than enough exhaust shops around their) and have them make you a y-pipe (catless or not, that's up to you, but remember those cats do restict a little even the hi flow ones do) and a cat-back exhaust and keep the flow masters on. 2.5" pipeing will be good from the y-pipe all the way back. And the tranny cooler you get, look into a B&M racing tranny cooler, $71 from my local auto store, they don't carry these items stock, so they will have to order. If you get the SVT heads and cams from Brad, ask if it's worth it to extrude hone or P&P the intake or exhaust ports, the one side that the factory didn't do, I forgot which it was intake or exhaust.

And of course NOZ :notworthy:

Anything short of this stuff and the little bit you mentioned will make you (hands down) the fastest Duratec on these boards. Plus anymore than this means doing internal work on the engine like boring and stroking and buying lightweight internal parts, which just thinking of it makes money disapear out of my pocket.

This list is about my plans for the car, one step at a time though but of course anbody can do it.
And their are a nice list of suspension mods that can be done too, but for now i just listed a "few" peformance enhancing things.

Dylan

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by D Man@Jul 18 2004, 11:45 AM
One easy way to keep track of what to do next (for peformance) to your car is start with the CAi, like you have done already. But get a larger MAF, like a 75mm. Than work on getting a larger throttle body, one is not available so some SERIOUS research is needed. Than, you can either make your own upper intake or take it off and get the whole inside P&P, maybe polish the outside too, so it can be painted and look reallly nice. Than get the larger seconderies in the lower intake. That should be a good start for the air coming in, as for the air going out. Go to a GOOD exhaust shop (since you live in Cali, I know their are more than enough exhaust shops around their) and have them make you a y-pipe (catless or not, that's up to you, but remember those cats do restict a little even the hi flow ones do) and a cat-back exhaust and keep the flow masters on. 2.5" pipeing will be good from the y-pipe all the way back. And the tranny cooler you get, look into a B&M racing tranny cooler, $71 from my local auto store, they don't carry these items stock, so they will have to order. If you get the SVT heads and cams from Brad, ask if it's worth it to extrude hone or P&P the intake or exhaust ports, the one side that the factory didn't do, I forgot which it was intake or exhaust.

And of course NOZ :notworthy:

Anything short of this stuff and the little bit you mentioned will make you (hands down) the fastest Duratec on these boards. Plus anymore than this means doing internal work on the engine like boring and stroking and buying lightweight internal parts, which just thinking of it makes money disapear out of my pocket.

This list is about my plans for the car, one step at a time though but of course anbody can do it.
And their are a nice list of suspension mods that can be done too, but for now i just listed a "few" peformance enhancing things.

Dylan
what can i say, dylan...you just put up one of the best semi-cheap "to do's" for any 'tec (vulcan too?) owner in just a short post :D damn, makes me wish i had a 'tec :(

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO+Jul 17 2004, 10:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baby SHO @ Jul 17 2004, 10:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silvapain@Jul 17 2004, 08:25 PM
SixFoFalcon makes the VAK IIRC.  $100 for the unit. 

Paul Nimz is actually the person who makes them. (SHOZ123)

They sell for about $100. The cut the Alternator load and vaps if you have it.

These will rase your compression to 11.25:1 netting some good power. Plus, extrude hone secondare intake ports!

Brad [/b][/quote]
Thanks brad for the correction.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts