Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I have Goodyear Assurance tires on my Taurus right now, and I love them. I've also had good luck with Kuhmo's.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have bridgstone potenzas really good tires great grip in every weather i love them would definitly buy another set. Got them from tire rack.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have Goodyear Assurance TripleTred. This is a good tire for rain and snow. I got them at Sears auto where they installed them. They ended up matching tirerack's price+shipping because of a sale they had going on.

Here is some more info on all-season tires:
Consumer Survey Results By Category

·
Registered
671 Posts
I want to order a set of tires by the weekend, just wondering what everyone has had good luck with.

let me know.
Tire preference battles are worse than pepsi vs. coke. It all depends on what climate you live in, and what you're looking for in a tire. I have Falken Ziex 912's for the summer. I didn't want them origionally, but they were cheap. They grip amazing on dry asphalt, but get a little loose in the rain. For winter, I have Pirelli Winter Carving, which also handle amazing. I've also had good success with the Dunlop Signature series, Kumho Ecsta SPTs, and Michelin Pilots.

I drive my car like it's stolen, so I opt for the performance tires. If you drive like a normal person and aren't looking for obscene grip, then go for the Dunlop Signatures. They're still better than your suspension was designed for.

·
Registered
701 Posts
They're amazing, they're most of the reason why my factory seats and belts are ineffective during cornering. Also, on dry pavement they have so much grip that my anti-locks don't even kick in, unlike the OEM size Bridgestones I have on my factory wheels.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I'm running General Exclaim UHPs on my 91' SHO. They are excellent at both wet and dry traction as well as a well balanced ride/handling package. Add that to the fact that they are $85 each(P225/55VR16). Highly recommend them!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have Michelin Energy MX4's on mine the past 30k, and I love them. That tire does have mixed reviews (both good and bad). I would buy that tire again, however, they're not the right tire if it snows/ices alot where you live. They do seem to have good wet traction, though. Avoid Continentals, the ones that came oem on these cars were awful, noisy tires!

·
Registered
111 Posts
yea im usin the Yokohama Avid t-4's for road an drag race an they are great. since we have to run street legal im usin these but im goin to go for the ADVAN's next.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the 512's this morning. I got them for $300 shipped from discount tires.
Good choice, i went with the 912's personally but the 512's will do fine especially if you like to drive more spiritedly. Thats also a hell of a deal you got on them, i paid 66 bucks a pop for my 912's.( got them at cost )

I think Falken's are a pretty good tire for their price. I work at a tire/auto repair shop so i have alot of experience with all kinds of different tires and what not. Falkens are a good quality tire, they balance out well and last relatively long, depending on how you drive and upkeep. (rotating and balancing every 3-5k miles) Obviously they have lower tread wear than other tires since theyre still considered "performance" tires, but theyre also nice and quiet. (at least my 912's are)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just had the factory General AmeriG45 blow out on the rear of my 99 when a chunk of metal punctured it. 12 year old tire, still had good tread too, but they were starting to dryrot. I looked around for a while and decided on Continental's new ContiProContact Transit series. Got them for 76.31 apiece out the door with some coupons I had. I put two of those on, and have two newer Goodyears on the front. I refuse to actually pay for anything that says Goodyear on it. I've driven on 5 or 6 sets of Goodyears that came on different cars I've purchased, and every set was absolute junk. I feel that Goodyear is just surviving off their big name now and selling junk for twice the price of their competitors. I've had great luck with Cooper, and Michelin, and even Falken haven't been too bad, but I'll never buy a Goodyear

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I run and always have used the michelin symmetry all season
you can get an easy 60,000 miles out of them i seen 80,000 before and herd storys of 97,000 miles off a DTS CaddyB)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just had the factory General AmeriG45 blow out on the rear of my 99 when a chunk of metal punctured it. 12 year old tire, still had good tread too, but they were starting to dryrot. I looked around for a while and decided on Continental's new ContiProContact Transit series. Got them for 76.31 apiece out the door with some coupons I had. I put two of those on, and have two newer Goodyears on the front. I refuse to actually pay for anything that says Goodyear on it. I've driven on 5 or 6 sets of Goodyears that came on different cars I've purchased, and every set was absolute junk. I feel that Goodyear is just surviving off their big name now and selling junk for twice the price of their competitors. I've had great luck with Cooper, and Michelin, and even Falken haven't been too bad, but I'll never buy a Goodyear
Conti's are also a great tire. It was between those and Falkens for me when i was in the market. Went with the Falkens for the price. I live 1 mile away from my work, so they would both have lasted me as long. I think theyll dry rot from the sun before i hit the wear bars, lol! I agree with you on the goodyears, you have no idea how many i see come in with separated tread and blown out sidewalls.

Nice TA by the way.

I run and always have used the michelin symmetry all season
you can get an easy 60,000 miles out of them i seen 80,000 before and herd storys of 97,000 miles off a DTS CaddyB)
Michelins are EXCELLENT tires! Wow thats nuts, ive seen customers of ours come back for rotation and balance 10k miles after we put'em on, and the tires arent even starting to wear out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good choice, i went with the 912's personally but the 512's will do fine especially if you like to drive more spiritedly. Thats also a hell of a deal you got on them, i paid 66 bucks a pop for my 912's.( got them at cost )

I think Falken's are a pretty good tire for their price. I work at a tire/auto repair shop so i have alot of experience with all kinds of different tires and what not. Falkens are a good quality tire, they balance out well and last relatively long, depending on how you drive and upkeep. (rotating and balancing every 3-5k miles) Obviously they have lower tread wear than other tires since theyre still considered "performance" tires, but theyre also nice and quiet. (at least my 912's are)

I always try and rotate my tires every other oil change, so hopfully I can get a few miles out of these.

I may try the 912's next time, how well are they in the rain/wet roads, and how do they perform on dry roads?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts