Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a moment of pure stupidity yesterday and let my younger sister drive my car to Winn Dixie. Anyway she didn't look to see where she was going when she backed out and the rear of the car went right into the rear bumper of a lifted C1500. She cracked the whole rear set up as well as ruined my NiteShades. ([email protected]!+) I need to replace the left and right rear tail lights but what in the hell is the plastic housing in the middle where the back up lights and those red reflectors that don't do anything called? Where can I get a pretty decent deal on one?The junkyard said $150.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jul 20 2004, 09:04 AM
I had a moment of pure stupidity yesterday and let my younger sister drive my car to Winn Dixie. Anyway she didn't look to see where she was going when she backed out and the rear of the car went right into the rear bumper of a lifted C1500. She cracked the whole rear set up as well as ruined my NiteShades. ([email protected]!+) I need to replace the left and right rear tail lights but what in the hell is the plastic housing in the middle where the back up lights and those red reflectors that don't do anything called? Where can I get a pretty decent deal on one?The junkyard said $150.
the lightbar? Im not sure, im a gen 4 guy. I thought it was called the lightbar though.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm pretty much getting ripped off for $150 at the junkyard huh? :huh:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I was junkyard hunting today for a sho gauge cluster (hint: if any one has or knows where I can get one) at the same junk yard, and he had 4 or 5 of them. I think you are probably getting ripped off, but he may just be cheap because you have to pull your own part

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I have a set of 96-97 Red/Amber taillights that I will sell you really cheap.

FYI: the local parts yard here wanted $60 EACH for the taillights alone. The dealer wanted $105 each.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
There was a guy on eBay selling brand new G3 Taurus lightbars for $35. After shipping it was about $50.

I bought one.... it was perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm selling my niteshaded tail lights if you are interested in buying them. from a 97.
:D Thanks anyway sweetie. I'm getting a "clean" pair from silvapain. It would have been an honor to have bought yours. They're legendary round these parts ya know. :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jul 22 2004, 11:49 AM
i'm selling my niteshaded tail lights if you are interested in buying them. from a 97.
:D Thanks anyway sweetie. I'm getting a "clean" pair from silvapain. It would have been an honor to have bought yours. They're legendary round these parts ya know. :notworthy:
:lol2: thats kewl. if anyone else is interested, they are still up for sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts