Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello out there,hay check it out.so i borrowed gramdmas car and f ed it up gotta fix it now..lol please help...the a/c pump went out and roached the belt.so i took it to a friend..he in stalled a used a/c pump.but put on a new pully assembly.and new belt.put it all togeather agen.and put one can of freeon in it..??not even 2 hrs later its all messed up agen.i smelled something burning i stop and look.the new belt is dragn over the new pully!!! smoken it ..it smeems to be seized agen.wondering is it the used pump or the one can of freeon in the pump that would cause this

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Was anything else in the system replaced Receiver / Dryer / Orifice tube? Was the system flushed and vacuumed down before it was recharged? Was oil replaced in the system?

QUOTE (mcphilly37 @ Sep 8 2009, 05:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751939
hello out there,hay check it out.so i borrowed gramdmas car and f ed it up gotta fix it now..lol please help...the a/c pump went out and roached the belt.so i took it to a friend..he in stalled a used a/c pump.but put on a new pully assembly.and new belt.put it all togeather agen.and put one can of freeon in it..??not even 2 hrs later its all messed up agen.i smelled something burning i stop and look.the new belt is dragn over the new pully!!! smoken it ..it smeems to be seized agen.wondering is it the used pump or the one can of freeon in the pump that would cause this[/b]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (DerbyDave @ Sep 8 2009, 06:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751943
Was anything else in the system replaced Receiver / Dryer / Orifice tube? Was the system flushed and vacuumed down before it was recharged? Was oil replaced in the system?

hello out there,hay check it out.so i borrowed gramdmas car and f ed it up gotta fix it now..lol please help...the a/c pump went out and roached the belt.so i took it to a friend..he in stalled a used a/c pump.but put on a new pully assembly.and new belt.put it all togeather agen.and put one can of freeon in it..??not even 2 hrs later its all messed up agen.i smelled something burning i stop and look.the new belt is dragn over the new pully!!! smoken it ..it smeems to be seized agen.wondering is it the used pump or the one can of freeon in the pump that would cause this[/b]
[/b][/quote]
i have no idae i dont think so just the pump and pully used pump new pully thats all i believe oh and one can of freeon i live in ellensburg wa i do believe i got one hell of a hillbilly hookup on this one ya know dude said he knew what he was doing lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (mcphilly37 @ Sep 8 2009, 06:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751953
QUOTE (DerbyDave @ Sep 8 2009, 06:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751943

[/b][/quote]
i have no idae i dont think so just the pump and pully used pump new pully thats all i believe oh and one can of freeon i live in ellensburg wa i do believe i got one hell of a hillbilly hookup on this one ya know dude said he knew what he was doing lol
[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds like someone has a seized pulley, other than his A/C unit.

I'd check all pulleys, and the drivebelt arrangement. Make sure it's on correctly.

*EDIT*

Also check the air injection pump, if so equipped. That could've failed.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey, have you had any luck yet?:

·
Registered
324 Posts
+1 to everything that has been said. Also on the coolant, 1 can is NOT enough. It takes 2-3 cans. The issue sounds like, only the symptom was fixed, and not the cause. It's like going to the doc, because well lets just say you went out and had a good time, and ended up with something less then friendly. It hurts. The doc gives you pain pills, and sends you on your way, when the doc should have been giving you antibiotics as well. Figure out what is causing the symptoms, fix that, then fix the symptoms. Doesn't sound like you did anything specific to F it up, it probably would have done it if she were driving it as well. So I wouldn't feel too bad about it, but KUDOS to you for taking the responsibility of fixing something that broke while it was in your possession.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts