Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought it used and the wheel cylinder was leaking so i replaced them both and the shoes. however, i have the self adjuter adjusted about half way out and the drums are still not tight and one side of the wheel cylinder keeps coming apart releasing fluid. so i'm wondering do i have the correct size shoes and drums. what size should they be? the parts store had two lkistsings...one for sw and sedan..l got the ones for the sedan. part number listed on the drums are 1F12-1126-B.
thanks

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Drums

just bought it used and the wheel cylinder was leaking so i replaced them both and the shoes. however, i have the self adjuter adjusted about half way out and the drums are still not tight and one side of the wheel cylinder keeps coming apart releasing fluid. so i'm wondering do i have the correct size shoes and drums. what size should they be? the parts store had two lkistsings...one for sw and sedan..l got the ones for the sedan. part number listed on the drums are 1F12-1126-B.
thanks
There are two listings.
8-55/64 with 1/1/2 wide shoe

9 27/32 with 1 49/64 wide shoe

I only see one size of wheel cylinder listed.

The shoes should fit inside the drum, easy to see that they have the same curve. Highly likely you have the smaller size for the sedan.

-chart-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are two listings.
8-55/64 with 1/1/2 wide shoe

9 27/32 with 1 49/64 wide shoe

I only see one size of wheel cylinder listed.

The shoes should fit inside the drum, easy to see that they have the same curve. Highly likely you have the smaller size for the sedan.

-chart-
thanks for the reply. i'm good...installer issues. lol
now...if i could only get the parking brake to work i can pass inspection. :( i tightened the cable but it still wont hold good enough to keep the car from creeping when its in drive and i tap the gas. are there known issues with the parking brake with this model?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts