Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think. There are so many options that I can't decide.

*edit* It should say $100 not 0

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Be pre-emptive and install the cooler. That way, when you start to make 65000 hp, you won't need to worry about the trans dying or overheating...

JR

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jun 21 2004, 07:54 AM
Be pre-emptive and install the cooler. That way, when you start to make 65000 hp, you won't need to worry about the trans dying or overheating...

JR
65000 hp, eh? damn, what kind of car is he thinking of building? a rocket?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Just a play on some people's claims that they get mucho Hp out of small mods...like that a CAI will give you 10-15 hp...

JR

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the sway bar. When I get my new Pratt & Whitney jet engine it will be direct drive- no transmission. And get it right- 65,000 pounds of thrust- not hp. :p

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
When I get my new Pratt & Whitney jet engine it will be direct drive- no transmission
Go with the GE90. It's the engine they use on the 777. It's also the biggest!
127,900 pounds of thrust.
i'd go with the tranny cooler.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jun 21 2004, 11:42 AM
When I get my new Pratt & Whitney jet engine it will be direct drive- no transmission
Go with the GE90. It's the engine they use on the 777. It's also the biggest!
127,900 pounds of thrust.
i'd go with the tranny cooler.
wtf, where did you get that pic of my '06 prototype taurus Type R?!

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Oops, My bad! By the way kind sir, How much do you pay for a tune-up? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jun 21 2004, 01:19 PM
Oops, My bad! By the way kind sir, How much do you pay for a tune-up? ;)
very minimal. i fab all the parts myself. even the engine. i find it's much easier to rebuild an engine if you just mold it with play-dough

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Just make sure your head isn't anywhere near the intake when you tell somebody to crank it up!

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I prefer thinking putty as opposed to play-dough...It has better consistency...

http://www.puttyworld.com/

The guy who sells this stuff is one of my co-worker's brothers...he makes a crapload of money off it, and the stuff is great...we have dozens of tins around the office...

JR

G

·
I'm saying subframe connectors - they'll bring a smile to your face :D

And, as Ron Porter says it, you won't feel the upgraded swaybars on the street... :)

As for the tranny cooler... The Gen 4's are much better about cooling and tranny reliability - I'd put one in, but since your car is so new, you've go some time IMO. :)

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since the concensus says trans cooler, I ordered it yesterday on ebay. With shipping it was $53. The same cooler at Pep Boys was $73. Hope to install it July 4th weekend along with my exhaust.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Halon Fire Extinguisher

Why? You spent all that time and money on those mods, don't let a stupid fire ruin your car, or a Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher for that matter.

Safety First, then the Trans Cooler, and mount it where you can get to it quick.

This may not be considered official "mod" until your car is on fire, then it's the best mod you ever made.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts