Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I HAVE A 95 TAURUS LX ORIGINAL OWNER WAS PASSED DOWN TO ME AS A FIRST CAR SO I USED IT UNTIL THE TRANNY WENT OUT THE FLY WHEEL THAT WAS FIXED AND ABOUT A YEAR LATER IT WOULDNT GO TO SECOND SO WE PUT IT IN THE BACK YARD AND MY POPS THOUGHT U CHANGED THE TPS THROTTEL POSITON SENSOR. WHEN HE REALLY CHANGED THE SENSOR ON TOP OF THE AIRMANIFOLD . WELL IT STARTED GOING BACK IN GEAR AGAIN SO HE LET ME SIS USE IT AS A TRAINING CAR TO DRIVE IN THE BACK YARD SO I DECIDE TO CLEAN IT UP AND GET THIS BAD BOY ON THE ROAD AGAIN THIS PAST WEEK SINCE HE HAD WATER IN THE RADIATOR I HAD TO REPLACE THE WATER PUMP AND I ALSO FLUSHED THE RADIATOR REPEADITLY TILL THE RUST WAS GONE BUT I HAD NO PROBLEMS UNTIL I FLUSHED THE RADIATOR I AM NOT SAYING ITS THE RADIATOR :withstupid: BUT I DONT KNOW IF SOMETHING GOT CLOGGED OR IF ITS A SENSOR THE CAR WONT EVEN GO IN REVERSE :angry: SO I WANTED ANYBODY SUGGESTIONS ON THIS PLS DONT BE RUDE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SENSOR OR SENSORS WOULD MAKE THE TRANNY NOT SHIFT AT ALL PL HELP ME I WOULD GREATLY APPERICIATE IT:zumbujump:

·
Registered
68 Posts
We will not be rude, but typing in all capital letters gives us the impression that you're yelling at us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't know this transmission too well but in other Ford Electronic Transmissions Reverse is completely mechanical (not dependent upon sensors). So if reverse isn't working, I'd think it's either out of fluid (or really low) or something is mechanically wrong.

And lol! people don't like caps around many places on the web. Pressing Shift and a letter will give you a capital letter when you need it. But it doesn't bother me... unless you really are shouting:) lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts