Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am just curious to see what religion (if any) is everyone on the board. To let you know, I am a Christian, and attend an Assembly of God church. This is supposed to be a fun topic. No fighting please.

Adam

·
Registered
550 Posts
I personally consider myself Agnostic. Who's to say for sure IF there is a god, & if so... which religion is Right??? Boy I hope it ain't Islam??!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Originally posted by KevinMarble@Apr 27 2004, 08:25 PM
I personally consider myself Agnostic.  Who's to say for sure IF there is a god, & if so... which religion is Right???  Boy I hope it ain't Islam??!!!!!  YIKES!!!!!!
Just my 2 cents.
you should study a religion before you make disparaging comments about it. im a nondenominational christian

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Ug.. I hope this thread doesn't become ugly.

I think its good that people believe in something, even if they only believe in Mother Nature or something. Having done a little bit of research into religions, I have learned to respect other people's faiths. Even if I disagree, I still respect that people feel that way and are devoted to what they believe in. I truly hope that this is constructive, not a "your going to hell" or "your religion is wacked" thread.

I'm Mormon.

B

·
0 Posts
I'll let this one stay open for now, but please, everyone, let's refrain from any flaming. Everyone has a right to their opinion!

Personally, I like to follow Sammy Kershaw's rule about talking about stuff. Avoid: Politics, Religion, and "Her".

·
Registered
550 Posts
Actually... I have studied all the major religions to some degree or another. They all preach basically the same ideals, but when it comes to relations w/each other... it's "My god is better, so convert or die". Hense my being an Agnostic. I personally
don't believe any human being is truly capable of defining something so esoteric.
Live your life w/some common sense, & a healthy respect for basic Right, & Wrong... & you'll be O.K. I do find Wiccanism("Witchdraft") very intriguing, yet still
unconvincing. One Man's God is another Man's Devil. Enjoy life the best you can, & try to do no harm to others.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by 97vulcan@Apr 27 2004, 08:16 PM
Hi, I am just curious to see what religion (if any) is everyone on the board. To let you know, I am a Christian, and attend an Assembly of God church. This is supposed to be a fun topic. No fighting please. 

Adam
Christian - AG (Assemblies of God). Parents are still religious.....i am like somewhere in the middle.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
i keep a open mind to everything
don't follow anything

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am a non-denominational christian.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Irish Roman Catholic here...

I respect all people's religious beliefs, though. I don't knock anyone's faith, and I expect the same from everyone else. Unfortunately, that hasn't always been the case. I've had way more than my share of taunts: (Cat-licker, Mackerel Snapper, Fish Eater, etc...)

·
Premium Member
500 Posts

Don't let it fool you though. Just because I'm Catholic doesn't mean I agree with everything the church says or does. God gave us free will and I intend to use it.

Oh yeah, I think I have some Irish in me. Malone is a good Irish name.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm a non-practicing Catholic. I have a great relationship with God but I don't believe that you have to go to a church to worship Him.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Originally posted by sparkychic@Apr 28 2004, 08:33 AM
I'm a non-practicing Catholic. I have a great relationship with God but I don't believe that you have to go to a church to worship Him.
Me too.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Apr 27 2004, 09:29 PM
I'll let this one stay open for now, but please, everyone, let's refrain from any flaming. Everyone has a right to their opinion!

Personally, I like to follow Sammy Kershaw's rule about talking about stuff. Avoid: Politics, Religion, and "Her".
Bob, who is sammy Kershaw?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts