Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I use the same belltronics, wired to a switch.

Haven't used one in the Tbird in over a year, got two speeding tickets without it already.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use the same belltronics, wired to a switch.

Haven't used one in the Tbird in over a year, got two speeding tickets without it already.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
how do you like your 940.. just bought mine on ebay.. herd it has voice paid 79.99 new.. my v1 was 400.00 new

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
Don't use one. When I get on the interstate, I just watch the traffic a mile up the road. Not too hard to see what's going on.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't use one. When I get on the interstate, I just watch the traffic a mile up the road. Not too hard to see what's going on.
it's a must here in south florida.. i like to drive 10 mph over the posted speed so its nice to have a good detector

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
IS the V1 really worth $400?

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I use a Valentine one in my 2005 SEL and a Beltronics 940 in my 2003 SE..
both work very well ,..Post em' up ;)

Mine is a cobra, cost $40 on clearance from target last fall. it was $120 new so I feel I got a good deal and I haven't gotten a ticket since I've had it. And I think it looks cool on the dash of a police interceptor...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
6,642 Posts
I could use one but I've only gotten one ticket. I usually drive about 7-9 over lol so I'm usually good but sometimes I like to drive 20 over on the highway.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Mine is from an odd brand called My-Eyes... I haven't gotten a ticket with 'em yet, so lets hope they don't fail me. :D

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,750 Posts
I do 80-85 and get fewer tickets here than I used to get up north (none yet, as opposed to four in 30 years in New England). It's unlikely one will get a ticket when just keeping up with the prevailing traffic, and i still stay in the right lane unless passing someone. That's a big factor, right there - don't draw attention to yourself.

Then again, a 1990 Volvo and a 1990 Taurus wagon do not broadcast themselves as ticket magnets. ;)

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Mine is from an odd brand called My-Eyes... I haven't gotten a ticket with 'em yet, so lets hope they don't fail me. :D
You're 16. You're just beginning, lol. Wait until you get a faster car. And you can't see a cruiser at the crest of a hill in the dark until it's too late. Ask me how I know. No ticket though :p

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
You're 16. You're just beginning, lol. Wait until you get a faster car. And you can't see a cruiser at the crest of a hill in the dark until it's too late. Ask me how I know. No ticket though :p
I learned to drive in a fast truck, my old Ram 1500 had 250 HP from the 360 V8 that was in it. So that's why rarely do more than 5-7 over, unless I'm passing, when I'm passing, I floor it and the car goes into Warp speed...

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
I learned to drive in a fast truck, my old Ram 1500 had 250 HP from the 360 V8 that was in it. So that's why rarely do more than 5-7 over, unless I'm passing, when I'm passing, I floor it and the car goes into Warp speed...
Lol, 5.9 Ram is not that fast bro.

·
Administrator
6,642 Posts
I have gotten only 1 ticket. However I've passed many cops going too fast. They ignore me because I look like a grandpa and then nab the red mustang going slower than me (yet still too fast). Happened more than once actually!

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
it depends.. i drive very little to work but when i drive to oho and Tennessee once a year i drive hard.. i average 80 to 90 mph
What I mean is, is it really worth that much more money than say a $150-200 detector? Does it give that much more of an advanced warning or far more sensitivity?

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i know what your sayin'.. i have a 400 hp ctsv and sold my 600 plus hp modded cobra and modded fox mustang pushing 450 hp so the state of the art radar is a plus

before modded

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
how do you like your 940.. just bought mine on ebay.. herd it has voice paid 79.99 new.. my v1 was 400.00 new

It's pretty good! Though I am on the second one, the southern heat fried the first one I had. :S

Anyone have any luck with the jamming kind? Supposed to be able to not be detected if you did fly by a cop over speed.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What I mean is, is it really worth that much more money than say a $150-200 detector? Does it give that much more of an advanced warning or far more sensitivity?
o yea its a world of diff.. you can detect 6 plus miles max and in the hills 3 or so.. but you cant beat instant on radar .. you have to travel in a pack to be safe .. yes buy a good radar

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's pretty good! Though I am on the second one, the southern heat fried the first one I had. :S

Anyone have any luck with the jamming kind? Supposed to be able to not be detected if you did fly by a cop over speed.
yea the Florida heat smoked one of my older beltrinics as well but it was old anyway

1 - 20 of 48 Posts