Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

What Paint To I Buy?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SableOHC 
#1 ·
I have a 1996 Taurus LX, the darker green. I'll post a picutre. Does anyone know what touch up paint I should buy? everytime i buyt anything its noticibly darker or lighter than what I have. I am also looking to get a new bumper and spoiler and need to no what kind of paint to get.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had the same problem trying to find the seafoam color of all things. I eventually caved and bought the touch up paint from the dealer...$12 for one bottle you can get at Autozone or NAPA for $5. BUT it was the right color and matched up perfectly, and since my color seems to be a pretty hard one to match, I didn't have much of a choice.

#3 ·
now fo the biggy.... I plan on getting a new bumper by spring sence sumone left mine hanging in the tech. school parking lot...i amanged to get it back on but u can see the marks were it was unhooked, pried off and stretched back..it was basically on and over by an old ranger....*grumbles. I also gotta paint the front bumepr sence my X loved to bottom out the poor car. The tech school will paint stuff for free, as part of teaching the class and class projects...if your in new york I'm talking about BOCES. Anyways I am going to need to find the right paint for my bumper without the dealer killing me for a can of paint.....or maybe i'll just buy lots of touch up paint...hmmm.....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.