Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to find out which one is in the car, have to get a new one and want to make sure I get the right one. thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or if someone can tell me where I can get a Transmission (overhauled or new) that is less than the $1300 (new) and $900 (over hauled) that my mechanic quoted me.

I'm broke and I'm tired of the damn thing going into a "neutral like" state everytime i'm at a light and half the time I try to make it up past 35MPH.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I believe '91 was the first year of the AXOD-E. The '91 AXOD-E is the worst tranny out of the ones they used IIRC. I wonder if you can swap in a '95 AXOD-E because they seemed to have refined it by then and it should still work with the computer.

D

·
0 Posts
you can tell by looking at the code on the top of the Tranny housing or in the door jam on the drivers door for the code. I'll have to dig around for the code breakdown.

The best prices for Taurus trannies I have found is at Phoenix Hard Parts. I think they get $99 for shipping but even then its less than the $1300 you mentioned.

Phoenix Hard Parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts