Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I feel kind of strange because I don't want to mod my Taurus. I want to keep it 100% stock

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
No visual/aesthetic mods, but my car isn't exactly stock, either.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Where's the option that says, "I mod it to kill BMWs?" :evil_grin: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
BMW's are overated... the 4 banger and there common inline 6 dont really pack to much heat...

however if your talking a bmw 8 or 12.... ph34r:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I chose the cool option. I'm into aesthetic modding that much, but I am into sound systems, which I figure are part of the cool option. I can swap sound equipment into a new car, expensive engine mods that don't yeild much gain I can't.

BMW's are overated... the 4 banger and there common inline 6 dont really pack to much heat...

however if your talking a bmw 8 or 12.... ph34r:
Huh? BMW is the benchmark for sports sedans. Which 4 banger is it you are speaking of (US market)? And the 530i (3.0 L engine, 225 Hp, 214 ft-lbs) manages to go 0-60 nearly 1.5s quicker than a Duratec Taurus with minimal raw power advantage and it weighs more. BMW's inline sixs are very smooth and versatile engines. Tell any M3 owner that their 3.3L inline 6 doesn't pack much heat...

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I did a few mods to the GL, nothing too special. Just enough to make it a little better than a "regular" Taurus.

Now the SHO, it already is more than a "regular" Taurus, so not much will be done to it. Maybe a y-pipe eventually, but most if not all of the money I put into it will be for maintenance. I have always wanted a GenII SHO with a CincySHO cowl hood though......

-Rob

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by kyle+Aug 9 2004, 03:27 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kyle @ Aug 9 2004, 03:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TrueBlue@Aug 9 2004, 01:58 PM
Where's the option that says, "I mod it to kill BMWs?"  :evil_grin:  :lol:
lol hehehe can ur taurus really beat bmw's??? [/b][/quote]
One of 'em sure as hell can. And I just rode in one that'll crush an M3. :evil:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Take just about any one of them that doesn't have an "M" or a number higher than "4" as the second digit. :lol:

I also beat an older 325i in the Vulcan't a couple of months back as well. Nothing crazy, but still a Bimmer kill. :wink:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I drive a Sable. It's already better than a Taurus. :p

It's my daily driver, and it's 10 y/o, but I do make some modifications to it. Nothing too drastic. A cop speedometer, new head unit, a couple stickers (including a TCCA decal), a K&N air filter, and a few other minor things.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
my 97 was Show and Go. until my hubbie killed it. :( ...but better things came out of it, like a 2004 Ses with the Duratec. ;) Right now its all Show, until the warrenty is up, which will probably be by the end of the year with how many miles i rack up. than on to the Go part. My americanmotorsports chip is sitting near by awaiting to be reburned for the new car. i can't wait. B)

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
:whythis:

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Functionality and performance. That is pretty much it. I prefer the feeling that I get when I drive a car rather than how it looks...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts