Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently switched from at&t to tmobile (I was on my moms plan, but decided it was time to get my own now that I've been moved out for awhile. I like at&t, but I like the other companies individual plans better hence my switch to tmobile. I did have a samsung blackjack (I still have the phone) but now with tmobile I have a g1. I must say it is leaps and bounds above the blackjack. I the way and look of the system. I love the app system, and I love that it is open source (big reason I chose the phone) there are so many third party apps that you can download. The backbone of the android system is linux, theres an app that gives you a command prompt as well.

[attachmentid=28048]

It's not the sexiest looking phone, however the only real complaint I have hardware wise is the lip on the right side doesn't make it exactly easy to type, though its not hard to get use to. Other annoyances are that it doesn't have a 3.5 headphone jack (thought it does ship with a usb to 3.5 converter) I wish the device had an onscreen keyboard, but that is being added next year.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i have a samsung gleam through verizon. not too many complaints have had it for a year now, had it replaced once ended up being my memory card not the phone, on the new one recently the "foil" on the backside of the plastic on the front has been separating idk why or how. it is very small about the same size or smaller that a razor. one of the main selling points was the apearance settings it came with, automotive gauges for clock and messages along with animated backgrounds with a car driving by. also very hard to keep clean cause it is so shiny. it came with all of the software to put music on it including the cord, a car charger and a leather case all for free like 80 bucks worth of stuff.

a couple pics,

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Have a LG VX8300. So far it's been a great phone, and held up well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Balckberry 8800 series

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I've got an LG Dare. It's touchscreen...Definitely a cool phone, but I've got big thumbs, so it's tough to type on the on-screen keypad, so sometimes I just use the end of a pen as a stylus. I've had the phone for about a month, and absolutely love it. I would say it isn't as polished as the iPhone, but seeing as how it isn't an Apple product, I very much prefer it. As for Verizon, well, IMHO, they're the absolute bee's knees.

[attachmentid=28049]

Anyone who has a phone with a big touchscreen display should check out zagg.com for the InvisibleShield. I've got it on my phone, and it's awesome!

JR

Attachments

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Iphone 3G through Rogers... I'm Overly Impressed... Although the Silent Switch Could Have Been Stronger....

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Plain and simple, Samsung A437

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
lg vx8300

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
LG VX 8350.

I swore I would never own an LG phone ... but when it was the only free verizon phone, I picked it.

It does what I need it to do - makes and receives calls.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have an LG VX9100 aka enV2 through Verizon, good phone and tough as hell... my first one, due to an error on my part, was run over by several buses... yet still was able to make and recieve calls, even though both of the LCD screens were fubar and the outside keypad was falling off...

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
HTC-6800.

Stuck with it for another year. Maybe then I'll switch to ATT and get that iPhone...

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The iPhone is pretty flippin' amazing, I have to admit. I'm not an Apple fan by any means, but I'm sold on the iPhone.

Now I just have to convince Elisa to let me put Dynolicious on her iPhone...

http://www.dynolicious.com/

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
The iPhone is pretty flippin' amazing, I have to admit. I'm not an Apple fan by any means, but I'm sold on the iPhone.

Now I just have to convince Elisa to let me put Dynolicious on her iPhone...

http://www.dynolicious.com/
[/b]

That is one of the main reasons I want the phone...

Shows my priorities eh?

I know I can get it for the iTouch but my 5th Gen iPod video is fine so no reason to get rid of that for something with less storage.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not a apple fan either,(thats why I have a zune instead of an ipod) but I do think the iphone is an amazing product. However I am not a fan of at&t's individual plans (though I like their family plans, mobile to mobile and nights and weekends) However tmobiles myfaves plan is awesome for me, I hardly talk to more than 5 people, so those are on myfaves, so I hardly ever use any minutes.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts