Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking out the battery, this just broke. It had been seeping evidently, so it was already cracked.

How do I fix this and what do I need?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
thats a molded hose. really the only way to correctly fix the issue is to replace it with a new one or a one out of a junk yard.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Those are expensive as hell at the dealer. I had trouble finding it in the yard intact.

I'd almost suggest tapping the hole and using a brass hose fitting.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This appears to be the right part. It all lines up fairly close. It was about $35.00

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's no easy way to drain the radiator, is there?

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
This appears to be the right part. It all lines up fairly close. It was about $35.00
Nice. I couldn't find any aftermarket stuff when I was hunting for mine. $35 isn't bad.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There's a handy little drain screw on the driver's side underneath the rad.
Really??? Yay!

When I changed the a/c compressor - I had to remove the thermostat housing, and of course - coolant went everywhere.

That helps take the sting out. It's not going to be *that bad* I don't think. It just came at a bad time.

Again, great knowledge from this board.

·
Registered
23,578 Posts
White plastic petcock on lower drivers corner of the radiator (19mm or 3/4" socket or wrench). Be sure to just hand-tighten when done or it will break off and youll be using a 3/8" allen wrench thereafter or replacing the petcock. It just pulls out and shoves back in. Another drain method is to loosen lower rad. hose on the pass. side.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
White plastic petcock on lower drivers corner of the radiator (19mm or 3/4" socket or wrench). Be sure to just hand-tighten when done or it will break off and youll be using a 3/8" allen wrench thereafter or replacing the petcock. It just pulls out and shoves back in. Another drain method is to loosen lower rad. hose on the pass. side.
The factory "dot" is on the white plug and radiator. So - I loosened it with a wrench, drained it and tightened back where the "dots" lined back up.

I'm having a hell of a hard time with these clamps. One of them broke. I guess I just need to cut the hose. :-( Looks like I'm going to have to take the filter box off up to the throttle body.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts