Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been a while since I been on here wow. anyway, with the recent drop in metal prices my dad is now getting back into buying cars from tow yards to hold onto until the price of steel goes back up.

well, in the process of buying 40 cars from one yard, 3 gen1 SHO's came in the pack. these cars will be parted and crushed. the previous yard had already turned in the VIN's as crushed cars for smog credits so no...they will never again touch the road.

however their parts can!

I'm just wondering what I should pull that would be of interest to SHO enthusiasts?? I'm assuming that aside from the engine/trans in each of these and possibly the body kits?? and some interior parts that everything else is pretty much generic taurus parts??

once I get some pics of them from my dad and if there's actually anything worth pulling...I'll probably do a for sale thread.

anyway, just lemmi know before I lose interest and just let them sit complete and get squished :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
The front grille I think is kind of desirable.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The grille isn't special.

Swaybars are definitely going to be of interest, and you'll probably find folks who'd want the gauge clusters.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The grille isn't special.

Swaybars are definitely going to be of interest, and you'll probably find folks who'd want the gauge clusters.
[/b]

ok, also I think I got a pm but it was weird...never been on a forum where the pm just sorta "ghosted" up on the top middle of the screen and then dissappeared on me?? how does that work exactly??

once I get some pics from my dad I'm going to post a forsale ad on here...parts might as well go to enthusiasts as far as I'm concerned.

I was researching parts on these and I thought some 1gen's came with the optional police grille which is worth not crushing??

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me guess?? 50 post minimum to put up a for sale ad??

oh well. I'm not going to post ***** to get my count up. craigslist it is!

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
let me guess?? 50 post minimum to put up a for sale ad??
[/b]
No. Have to be either a supporting member or pay the classified fee.

AFAIK the police grille wasn't an option, if you have an SHO with cooling slots in the grille it was added on.

Click on the "X New Messages" link on the upper right of the page for your PMs.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
:worthlesswithoutpics[1]:

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Some things people might want:

-vented rear disc brake setup
-front seats, if they're in decent shape
-if any of them are SHO Plus models, the hood and the spoiler
-Slicers if any have them (91+)
-EATC dash controls if all the buttons are good and the display works
-Rod shifter (I don;t remember if '91s had these or not...I think the Plus might have)
-Possibly bumpers and body cladding
-Sway bars (they're all 24/26)
-Bumpers and body cladding

That's all I can think of off the top of my head...where are you located?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotemain'>let me guess?? 50 post minimum to put up a for sale ad??
[/b]
No. Have to be either a supporting member or pay the classified fee.

[/b][/quote]

how do I pay the classified fee and what is it?? hell, the for sale subforum doesnt even show up on my screen anymore haha.

edit: nevermind, found it. $10 is cool. go look in the classified for my ad when I get it up.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Any of them with black interior

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would be interested in the door outside belt mouldings if any of them are in good condition. These are the ones along the base of the door glass that seal between the glass and the sheet metal. They get all rippled from rust inside the rubber moulding and seem to be very hard to find. I think they are easy to remove, I think there is just a nut at each end of the moulding and doesnt require removal of the door panel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts