Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled the battery on the wagon today(going to start breaking it down to see what's doing with it and how clear I can get to the rear exhaust manifold) and also removed the battery box. Attached to the battery box is a relay box with 3 relays in it. What is this to? My guess is to the fog lights, but I am not sure

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
I believe I have that on mine and I don't have any fog lights. Mine is taped in though.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
So I pulled the battery on the wagon today(going to start breaking it down to see what's doing with it and how clear I can get to the rear exhaust manifold) and also removed the battery box. Attached to the battery box is a relay box with 3 relays in it. What is this to? My guess is to the fog lights, but I am not sure

See attached, that is BJB1 battery relay box. Fan relays if my diag is correct.

Good idea t remove the bat box once every 10 years and clean it up. Grease the bolts that hold it in the car.

-chart-

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
My bad, Fog lights, daytime running lights at least.

So it is called Relay Center box 1.
So try to find it if you have never done it before, looking for fog light relay. I looked at the JY to see what was behind the bat box.
-chart-

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It's just interesting that I've never seen that box before. I've had the hood open on that car a LOT over the last 2.5 years.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
Thanks. It's just interesting that I've never seen that box before. I've had the hood open on that car a LOT over the last 2.5 years.
It's hiding back there. Need to know kind of thing.

I went looking as I wanted my fogs to work in autolamp. Then found that feature is in some years, not others and it is in the HL switch. Got a switch at the JY that allowed fogs with autolamp. So, no need for me to do anything in the hidden chest of relays. Just switch HL switches.

-chart-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
chartmaker
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing