Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:

I'm in the middle of replacing my '03 Vulcan's timing cover and timing cover gasket and I made the mistake of trying to remove the front cover and water pump as an assembly WITH the power steering bracket still in place (big mistake, huge waste of time). Anyway, as I was struggling to pull the front cover out of the engine bay, I heard something hit the ground. I looked down and found this lying beneath the car:

DSC03223.jpg

What in the world is this? Are there any 4th gen gurus out there who might be able to identify it? If it was in there, I'm thinking it was proooobably in there for a reason, so wherever it goes I'd kinda like to put it back, if possible.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
It seems the same diameter as the power steering pump. There is nothing I have seem and I have done four TC replacements. I was thinking it may fit on the PSP fluid reservoir but not sure. What's the back and side looks like?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems the same diameter as the power steering pump. There is nothing I have seem and I have done four TC replacements. I was thinking it may fit on the PSP fluid reservoir but not sure. What's the back and side looks like?
The back looks exactly the same as the front. Overall the part is 3-1/4 in. in diameter and has "rounded" edges. It's sort of like a really big hoop earring or mini bracelet a kid would wear. It doesn't appear to be that dirty, which is odd seeing as the timing cover and the water pump were leaking coolant everywhere. I would think that it had to have come from the inside somewhere, but it doesn't have oil on it nor does it seem to line up to the cam, the crank or anywhere.

I'm lost! LOL!

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
I have never seen a part like that on a Vulcan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts