Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
A-Internal climate control sensor (humidity sensor, I believe, possibly temp as well)
B-blank panel to cover for the lack of SYNC USB and analog aux jack.

·
Registered
879 Posts
This must be a PI model - doesn't look anything like my dash.

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Yeah, the PI is total different, and has a lot of features to help install LE accessories.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Definite Police Interceptor model and Franchise is correct,.....Hopefully JMR will chime in soon but I am pretty sure they make aftermarket kits that can convert that blank off panel to active AUX and or USB input.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get that piece in the dash with the pocket for my '13 SEL? Would prove very useful.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I didn't see this topic. I believe the PI has a different designed internal dash at that area. Take off your flat bezel and see if there is a big hole there that would accommodate the pocket. I know for sure if you have a heated steering wheel there isn't a pocket there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
As far as adding AUX AUDIO that can be done and I do have a kit for that. I always say SYNC can't be added...well for the purpose of this thread I will say it likely can be added but the parts and time and complete tear down of the interior of the vehicle (dash, headliner) would likely make it not worth it. It would require a lot of time, a lot of parts (including a completely new dash wiring harness), research and work to complete. Just buy an aftermarket kit, much easier.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you are referring to the pocket in the dash that WOULD most likely affect AirBag Operation, there may be a different passengers side airbag design for the Interceptor sedans.
Hi,

the airbag is the same for PI and non PI models. However the dash itself is different no there is no easy way to get this pocket.

Sync was already explained correct by Jason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts