Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

What is this Airbag code?

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  gerryb 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have gotten this weird code awhile ago last month then it went away. Now tonight it came back and I tried to search for the code online but i cant find it. I swear im getting the code 45 error. What error is this? Is one of the airbag sensors acting up?

#6 ·
Thank ya guys. I will double check the condition of the sensor. I bet it may even be some dirt in between the sensor and mounting spot. When i had the transmission rebuilt maybe he got some dirt around there or something. Or maybe the bottom part of the sensor could have some rust on it?

#9 ·
Glad it`s fixed.Was wondering though if anyone has the codes for 2000 and up.I keep getting 46.I was told it`s because of the sensor under the driver`s seat.Is that right.Sorry for jacking the thread too.The airbag wont pop in my face will it.Sorry using a french keyboard and don`t know the codes for punctuation.So just imagine there`s question marks where they should be.Thanks guys it`s appreciated.

#10 ·
No, the airbags wont pop randomly, but the entire system is disabled if the RCS module detects a fault in the system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.