Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the sensor called that tells transmission the brakes are pressed? where is it and how hard is it to change. i cant seem to find it at advanced auto or aurozone yet

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
There is no such sensor that would talk directly to the transmission. Transmission is controlled by the same PCM that controlls the engine.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
The switch you are looking for is mounted where the brake pedal connects to the link for the master cylinder. It also activates the brake lights.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
what is the sensor called that tells transmission the brakes are pressed? where is it and how hard is it to change. i cant seem to find it at advanced auto or aurozone yet
i think we need to know why you are asking this. the taurus is a strange beast and acts different then other cars do. so what problem are you having?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what ever allows you to shift the transmission when you press the brakes is going out. i tried to look for it on advance or autozone website real quick before i went to work but i do not know the damn sensors name or even where it is located. i am aware it was most likely on the pedal. i did not know if it sent a signal to the transmission or not but i knew it was not allowing my wife to shift her car into gear. so i assumed it was possible it did.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 wire for the harness was broken found it after changing the switch so since it was only 9$ i left it on. and fixed harness problem solved

Reactions: pawpaw

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
OK, good find, fix & feedback on your brake pedal shift/lock wiring problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts