Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was taking out the intake silencer cone, I did it through the corner light. and when I took off the corner light I noticed there's 2 lights in there. I know there's the one for the sidemarker; when you have your turn signals on along with the headlights. but the other one I have no idea. And I've never seen it on, even in all my monthly light checks. So today I went and turned all the lights on and off with every combination of head lights, high beams, turn signals, fog lights, and emergency flashers, but still it didn't light up. there IS a light bulb on each side and there is stock wiring to them.

Does anyone know what they are?

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you are not the original owner, then the person before you might have had strobe lights installed there and forgot to remove one or both of them.

But if it had stock wiring to it, then that kinda makes the strobe light theory impossible.

AS

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That wouldnt be your parking lamps would it? You know the first click on the light knob.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Doesn't that light stay on steady while ur blinker is blinking??

Adam

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yeah, it's the parking light/turn signal. It blinks in unison with the turn signal (next to it) when the headlights are off or on. It alternates with the turn signal when the parking lights are on. At least that's what it does on my Sable. Maybe your bulbs are just burned out.

You can sorta make it out in these pics.
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=117408&toggle=fullsize&filename=NightLight.jpg' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]
[url=http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=65937&toggle=fullsize&filename=FrontLightbar.jpg][img]http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=65937&toggle=fullsize&filename=FrontLightbar.jpg' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
What's this is really your parking lamp. If they're not illuminating, you need to replace the bulbs, more than likely.

Your parking lamp is really your cornering lamp. They only illuminate when the turn signal on that side is activated with the headlights on. Helps you to see around a corner at night.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone..but I figured it out earlier.. :D

I got a little ancy since no one was replying.. so I took out the light bulb and went out for a set of them. installed them, then did my light test and they did turn out to be turn/parking light signals.

and I was thinking about the whole strobe idea.. ""maybe it was some freak SHOPOPO test car and the strobe control was removed"".. what? I can't dream?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it were in fact strobes, it also also might have been a Volly Firefighter who wanted to make it light up like a christmas tree. I see it done to Ford pickups all the time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts