Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
81 - 100 of 8,386 Posts
just got my mach5audio spl 12 inch installed it hits as hard as 2x 10 inch jbl power subs with about 109 spl at 1 w /1 m they only handle 800 rms this sucker will handle 3 time what i am putting to it now. now i need a bigger amp :rolleyes2:. i think it sounds better then two at that now just got to think of a sweet amp rack for the bull. also toys with nosie in brighton michigan did a good job on the box for who they are. i am just sick of building box after box with no sucuess with the carpet so just took the cash to a shop lol'z. once i get the amp rack in i will get picks up. unless you would like pic of the box minus amp rack it up to you guys???

QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 14 2010, 07:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797473
Are you going to pop out the brake light so they can tint the whole window at once, or going around the light? Are you getting the tint strip above the AS-1 line on the windshield?[/b]
:huh: This is a question for me, right?

I'm going to a place that uses computer-cut film (it's a FormulaOne preferred installer) so from what I understand they shouldn't need to remove the CHMSL hump. :dunno: Don't know for sure, but the guy I talked to said they've put tint on several '00+ Tauruses before. As for the shadeband, I'm thinking either 35% to match the rest or 20% to give more glare protection... but I haven't decided for sure. Any suggestions?

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 14 2010, 06:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797459
Sterling Auto Body in Rolling Meadows, Illinois is the shyt! :horns:[/b]

Damn right it does!!!

They done my door handle beautifully. I am saving up money to take my baby in to get all the **** fixed. Then I'll take my E-250 home until it's fixed.

Also, spoiler looks good :thumb:

QUOTE (coldspit47 @ Apr 14 2010, 07:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797486
dude - where did you get your spoiler? is it off another car, or did you have one made?[/b]
Ordered it from a vendor on eBay; it's meant to be a copy of the polymer lip spoilers that came on E36- and E46-style BMW M3's. My neighbor has an E46 coupe, and it's nearly identical... the spoiler, that is.

I'm not posting this to promote a sale on his behalf, but rather to answer your question. It appears that the vendor I dealt with has another spoiler (the same item that I bought) listed for sale now, here. If you plan to get one of these, take my advice... get some 3M adhesion-promoting prep pads to treat the area where it's going to be attached, and be sure to measure two or three times where the spoiler's gonna go before unsealing the mounting tape. It's not going anywhere once you press that tape down. Ever.

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 14 2010, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797479
Are you going to pop out the brake light so they can tint the whole window at once, or going around the light? Are you getting the tint strip above the AS-1 line on the windshield?[/b]

I'm going to a place that uses computer-cut film (it's a FormulaOne preferred installer) so from what I understand they shouldn't need to remove the CHMSL hump. :dunno: Don't know for sure, but the guy I talked to said they've put tint on several '00+ Tauruses before. As for the shadeband, I'm thinking either 35% to match the rest or 20% to give more glare protection... but I haven't decided for sure. Any suggestions?
[/b][/quote]
I just meant are you going to have tint over the brake light area, like Qwertz has on his 03 or are you going to tint around it?

QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 14 2010, 08:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797495
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 14 2010, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797479

[/b][/quote]
I just meant are you going to have tint over the brake light area, like Qwertz has on his 03 or are you going to tint around it?
[/b][/quote]

If they offer the choice, I'd prefer that it only goes around the brake light. Gotta find out next Saturday if the rear window's tint is pre-cut that way or not... :dunno:

Get the whole window done. The non-tinted spot will bother you forever. The LEDs are bright enough to shine through the tint. B)

QUOTE (goodbrosUIT @ Apr 13 2010, 06:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797230
Hard telling where it's leaking from if the fluid is coming from behind the plate between the oil pan and the transaxle. Most likely the front pump seal, don't buy a new torque converter if you don''t need one. Unless you really want one for some reason.[/b]
yeah - tbh, im just gonna live with the leak for now...its not guzzling tranny fluid, at most, half a bottle a week, so its gonna wait

QUOTE (Qwertz9586 @ Apr 17 2010, 02:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=798111
I spent this morning cleaning vomit off/out of my car. Hopefully none of it went into the door from the open window.[/b]
That's always a fun chore...febreeze, scrubbing bubbles, etc. Go all out.

And it did go into the door. Nothing like seeing chunks and smears when the window goes up. I had to remove the outside window trim to clean the rubber flap. The smell almost made me vomit in there too. The other flap didn't want to come out easily so I just sprayed with water and hope it washes out the bottom. Run the window up and down a few times to check if it worked. Repeat until no more smearing. Then as long as I'm cleaning, I might as well wash and detail it too.

The Taurus is an awful DD car. The beltline's too high to easily get people's head out the window and the rear windows only go down half way.

Discussion starter · #95 ·
Changed the oil and inspected under the car. Checked all the fluids. Changed the wiper blades. Washed the car. Damned love bugs are terrible down here right now. No modding until this semester is over. Less than a month to go before I graduate.

Finally changed the timing cover gasket on my '02. Its nice to be able to used the hvac system on something other than max a/c. Washed and got the first coat of wax on for the year too. I removed my 17's b/c one is still bent so they shake around 50-60 mph, so im selling them :( Time to save for some pegasus'

That exhaust on the black car - specs? vid yet? B)

QUOTE (94clit @ Apr 22 2010, 09:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=799254
Finally changed the timing cover gasket on my '02. Its nice to be able to used the hvac system on something other than max a/c. Washed and got the first coat of wax on for the year too. I removed my 17's b/c one is still bent so they shake around 50-60 mph, so im selling them :( Time to save for some pegasus'

That exhaust on the black car - specs? vid yet? B)[/b]

So how long did it take you? And how in depth was it?! Because mine has started leaking ever so slight.

I got all the rust ground off the 96 eggplant passenger quarter to start putting in filler. I was hoping to get the 00 into the shop but what I thought was a sensor or wiring issue on the ThunderTurd I think is a ECM issue. The FLAPS wants 325 for one. The local recycler is shipping one in from New Mexico for $65. When I get the TurdboCoop out, I can get the 00 in.

So far today I have looked out the window of my bedroom on three separate occasions and watched it sit on the rear driveway waiting for me to love it a little.

i guess i forgot to post this

the last couple weekends were spent working on this

81 - 100 of 8,386 Posts