Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
8321 - 8327 of 8327 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I started it. I drove it a few feet forward on the driveway. Poor girl hasn't been started all winter, and spent most of the winter buried under a snowbank.

When the weather started warming up a couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted to pull it ahead so that the snowbank could melt. It wouldn't start at the time, but I got it going tonight, so I moved it forward.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Got 2 keys cut and I programmed them today. $13 for 2 keys on ebay and $6 charge at the hardware store.

Daughter will be taking it to college in a few months time. Have to do a few more things between now and then and starting early to avoid any surprises.

Reactions: Lrobby99 and sheila

·
Registered
153 Posts
Added one can of Seafoam and refueled 13.6 gallons of Mobil fuel. The reason being the car has mainly sat since returning from the road trip mentioned above on 4/3 And I had a growing suspicion Road Ranger fuel may not be among the best. I may have been right. The MPG returned from that Ranger fuel was a lousy 20.9 and that included a couple hundred Interstate miles. And the Seafoam is to "clean up" the RR fuel that remained. I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Still rebuilding the AC system after some idiot hit my Bull and punctured the condenser. Steep learning curve! Trying to trace a headlight but no luck so far.

I always wanted to try the Seafoam thing........

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
New front brakes, rotors and replaced the caliper seals on my '99 Taurus wagon with 300K on it.
Will do the rear calipers soon with new rotors and will replace all brake hoses with new at that time.
Pair of new tires for the rear due to large nail in the tread that can not be repaired. Only 17K on the tires. Keeping the good one as a backup.

8321 - 8327 of 8327 Posts