Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
8301 - 8313 of 8313 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,080 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

B1S1 O2 sensor was intermittently throwing a code. Finally got the right tool and got it out (needed a cheater bar to get enough torque).

We’ll see if B2S1 decides to throw a fit here soon. Planning to dump the car in March and get something else if the market isn’t too terrible by then.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
371 Posts
New Wix oil filter, full synthetic Oil change, topped off any other fluids, and was told I’m going to need a passenger side outer tie rod end and a front crankshaft seal. I just replace the tie rod ends 28 months / 31,000 miles ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
'03 Sable wagon. I did new rotors due to rust on old ones, but could not retract the piston. It still worked, pk bk still worked but no chance to turn it. dust boot gone. So I reused the old pads while ordering calipers for both sides.
Larger job is releasing the parking brake cable so the cable can be attached to the caliper lever. I used a torch to heat the nut and get it to turn on the threaded rod, then blaster on the threads.
Vic grip pliers do the rest, just slow work.
Bleeding done and brakes work fine, parking brake is good.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
After a long and ugly year, I'm back to taking care of Third Bull as it deserves. Going in for complete detailing tomorrow. I've taken care of maintenance, but it needs more than the occasional run thru the car wash.
(While everyone else was getting Covid, I got cancer, so that knocked the spark out of life for a while. I'm well now, and have finally retired. Time to do some road trips before winter sets in.)

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
371 Posts
After a long and ugly year, I'm back to taking care of Third Bull as it deserves. Going in for complete detailing tomorrow. I've taken care of maintenance, but it needs more than the occasional run thru the car wash.
(While everyone else was getting Covid, I got cancer, so that knocked the spark out of life for a while. I'm well now, and have finally retired. Time to do some road trips before winter sets in.)
Glad to hear you’re well now. If one of those road trips brings you up to Connecticut yell and I’ll buy lunch. I’m vaxxed and get booster in 2 weeks.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Glad to hear you’re well now. If one of those road trips brings you up to Connecticut yell and I’ll buy lunch. I’m vaxxed and get booster in 2 weeks.

Also glad you are well now. Please stop by NY when you can. Just let me know.
-chart-

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
'03 Sable wagon. I did new rotors due to rust on old ones, but could not retract the piston. It still worked, pk bk still worked but no chance to turn it. dust boot gone. So I reused the old pads while ordering calipers for both sides.
Larger job is releasing the parking brake cable so the cable can be attached to the caliper lever. I used a torch to heat the nut and get it to turn on the threaded rod, then blaster on the threads.
Vic grip pliers do the rest, just slow work.
Bleeding done and brakes work fine, parking brake is good.
-chart-
Now, all rotors new, pads new or slightly used. Oil changed. Ready for winter. 166K miles. Wagon ready to haul.
-chart-

·
Registered
308 Posts
Third Bull didn't look this good when I bought it back in 2009 !

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
They clean up really well. I am jealous on how rust free and clean the body is.
I had a rocker panel rust out a few years ago, and now have a small spot I have to repair this week. Otherwise I've been very lucky in the rust department.

Reactions: mcsteven
8301 - 8313 of 8313 Posts