Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

8261 - 8275 of 8275 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
We have some close ties to friends and family for help. Widow nearby and close to my age comes by each day and our dog takes her for a walk. Daughter and her male friend and 2 college age grandsons come by and help as needed. Snow blower is out and maintained, ready for snow. As to boxes, I sort things to go on shelves, drawers and such, then some to Habit for Humanity or Salvation Army. Some clothes go to local used clothes drop. Shoes to. Fortunately I am healthy and have not missed a day since 7-11-18 of the fire. I see he doctor once a year for physical and that it it. Then there is my work shop as in the pic.
Thanks for your concern.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,074 Posts

Did both filters, but as expected the '03s was worse given the location. About two years since I last did them.

Got the Fram in the pic on a RockAuto closeout for $5. The 2010 got the Wix charcoal filter, but Jill's a prissy bitch so she needs better parts. :D

Reactions: mcsteven

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,074 Posts

Set one of these up since I'm tired of the cassette adapter, and with the CD changer having called it quits the need was even greater. Seems to work fine (the display quirk is due to the refresh rate & my camera), I haven't decided if I'll try to hide that wire behind the ICP bezel or just tuck it in a bit more.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
WOAH. White Flacon where did you find those floor mats???
Those are the OEM rubber mats. They used to show up on Ebay from time to time, I had a set at one point. The graphite color is the easiest to find, but they made a few other colors. They didn't make or sell many so its gonna be like pulling teeth at this point to get some.

·
Registered
1999 Taurus SE Wagon (dohc, ax4n)
330 Posts
Did some maintenance on Blüe Longroof today (READ: took it to my mechanic to have it done). Oil & filter change to start. After that, replaced the valves in the high and low end of the AC, and it held once on the machine, so refilled the freon (I don't remember amount but he looked it up - 34 oz maybe?). The outside temp was about 50-55 so we just checked that the AC was blowing cold. He also pulled the IAC and cleaned that. If it doesn't take care of the occasional high rev issue I'll replace it.

Pulled 2 plugs and all seemed good. Wires were good. Everything else was good. 1.5 years back in New England and still no rust.

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Did some maintenance on Blüe Longroof today (READ: took it to my mechanic to have it done). Oil & filter change to start. After that, replaced the valves in the high and low end of the AC, and it held once on the machine, so refilled the freon (I don't remember amount but he looked it up - 34 oz maybe?). The outside temp was about 50-55 so we just checked that the AC was blowing cold. He also pulled the IAC and cleaned that. If it doesn't take care of the occasional high rev issue I'll replace it.

Pulled 2 plugs and all seemed good. Wires were good. Everything else was good. 1.5 years back in New England and still no rust.
PVC and the flow channel can make for bad idle. I have had it both ways with PCV.
-chart-

·
Registered
330 Posts
PVC and the flow channel can make for bad idle. I have had it both ways with PCV.
-chart-
Not really having bad idol, but it rams a bit higher when first first started and from time to time it will get up in the 2000-2300 RPM range even after it’s warmed when restarting.

I will keep the PCV in mind. I have to ask because I searched and could not find anything; what is the flow channel?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ran Blüe through the car wash, vacuumed the interior, toweled off the remaining water. Once home, did a little toweling off again. Grabbed the bottle of PB Blaster I bought and hopefully fixed the front passenger latch (overhead light / door ajar warning issue). Next week I hope take it again to the car wash for a full exterior detail with hard wax plus the windows. The interior is in pretty decent shape, so I'm not sure I'll do an interior cleaning.

·
Registered
2013 Taurus Limited
150 Posts
Replaced all 4 wheel hubs, rear shocks, all brake pads/rotors (again :eek: what am I doing rong?), dropped the bumper and removed the headlights to finally fix the absolute wiring mess left after installation of HIDs some years ago. And oh yea, after intake reassembly I forgot to reconnect the airflow sensor. When I started the car and put it into reverse, I thought my transmission exploded, literally. The dash lit up like crazy and the "slam" and bang was horrifying. Weirdest no-sensor behavior I have ever seen. And scary as sh***.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Topped off fluids....Washer Fluid.....and added a quart of 5/20 oil. I have a leak under the car but to replace the oil pan gasket is like $550.00...and I lose about a quart every 2-3 thousand miles. Sucky part is the mess it makes on my driveway.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a leak under the car but to replace the oil pan gasket is like $550.00...and I lose about a quart every 2-3 thousand miles.
I have a 99 with the Duratec. I have some oil that shows up on the pan but after a year plus I’ve found nothing in the driveway. Between leak and normal usage, I’m not even going through a quart every 4K-5k miles (probably more than 80% of my driving is 60–65 mph highway + I’m using full synthetic oil plus Wix filter, so I’m changing it at higher intervals). But because I want it to be so clean, I keep debating on whether to change it. Luckily I keep winning the argument on the economic side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8261 - 8275 of 8275 Posts