Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

8161 - 8179 of 8179 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hmmm. Cylinder 4 misfire. What coil did they replace?
Coil pack, spark plug wire set, 6 plugs, fuel filter, air intake plenum and egr valve gasket
is what they replaced.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Coil pack, spark plug wire set, 6 plugs, fuel filter, air intake plenum and egr valve gasket
is what they replaced.
Wow. That should cover most of the common misfire reasons. We're the lower intake gaskets done as well?

·
Registered
276 Posts
It was a bad injector. Didn't help that the Ford distribution center sent the wrong part, and it had to be re-ordered.
So far she's running fine with no more CEL on. The last time I had a misfire was #3 in 2009.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,056 Posts
Forgot to post about it, did the headlight bulbs in both cars about two weeks ago.

In the process, I found out why the passenger headlamp in the 2010 had an odd light pattern; the bulb was installed wrong by the last person to change it, so it was canted in the housing. At least it's not a bad projector like I feared.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gave the 2011 SHO new plugs three weeks ago but we're not driving enough now to see if it made a difference. Turned out not to need the plug boots -- the originals looked pristine and not dried out at all! (If you're looking for some, I have a set of six available at 1/2 normal pricing plus shipping, of course). Waiting for the weather to be favorable enough to put the SHO up on the QuickJack and replace brake pads all around with PowerStop Z23s. I'll see how smooth the bleeding goes. If I'm not happy with it, the local shop gets a shot at it. After that, once the pollen subsides, I'm stripping the wax and doing the AvalonKing Armor Shield. It will be great to just spray the bird stuff off.

And forgot that I changed out the (front) side marker bulbs to LEDs. BRIGHT!!! Since the 2011 doesn't have DRLs, I run with headlights on all the time, so having brighter side markers gives be a better chance of not having the car in the next lane pull into me. (As big and visible as a silver SHO is, I'm stunned how many people just try to change lanes right into me! Even in Virginia where many of the the State Police cars are silver Gen4 SHO/Gen6 Taurus models.

·
Registered
20 Posts
All mods have been put on hold for now. I'm just maintaining my car until May, when I finish school... but will probably have a little time in between papers and tests to drop in and see what mods folks are up to.

If you've done something to your bull, post it here so we can know what you've been up to.
2000 Taurus SES w/190k
Tranny Fluid/Filter change, general tune up, and maybe replace the Sway Bars.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm such an underachiever... first really nice day here, perfect to clean up Third Bull. All I did was take out snow brushes, de-icer and a bag of salt.
Did discover the driver side carpet is wet. I'm afraid to investigate. 😨

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Been there with all floors wet in my Taurus each was a different reason. Driver side floor on one Taurus was rotten floor and one was a leaking seam up above the emergency brake. I used spray foam for windows to seal it up. I have a thread on location and fix.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Could you send me a link to the thread ? thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not really “done to“ but got home last night and noticed this:

For a 22-year-old car (built in 1998) it’s averaged just over 5900 miles per year. I’m looking at purchasing another vehicle and don’t think I can get rid of this one if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 Ford Taurus SE 3.0 OHV
32 Posts
Just turned 120k on my '98. Happy motoring! Just replaced lower left control arm today.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,056 Posts

Was dealing with some rough running, poked around and spotted this. It's been rubbing on the TPS and finally made a small hole.

Ford says for that section, you just cut bulk hose to fit, so I could replace it now, but the other parts on both vent tubes are looking a little old at this point. I'll just order them as well and do it all at once.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oil & filter change. Kirkland brand full synthetic 5w-30 and a Wix filter. The Kirkland (Costco) brand tested very well in a few lab tests I saw. They've got 2x 5 qt jugs for $30.

Washed and cleaned. Next will be brake and PS fluid swaps. All the other fluids look good (took care of them less than 10K miles ago). If I can actually get the interior emptied, I'll have it detailed inside and out.

·
Registered
1990 Taurus GL
49 Posts
Not today per se, but over the past couple months I've been rebuilding my Vulcan. I have the first -start video, but apparently the 42 seconds makes it too large to upload. Maybe I'll try lowering the video quality or something

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not today per se, but over the past couple months I've been rebuilding my Vulcan. I have the first -start video, but apparently the 42 seconds makes it too large to upload. Maybe I'll try lowering the video quality or something

Upload to YouTube and link it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
A/C wasn't working, something you don't need to find out when the temps jump to 90.
Shop tested and found it low on freon. Compressor is starting to fail and will need replacement. Can't complain as it's the original. So after 17 years it's going to get replaced when I have $$ and shop has time. They're down 3 techs right now and are swamped.

Washed and cleaned out the winter crud accumulation.

8161 - 8179 of 8179 Posts