Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

8081 - 8090 of 8090 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did a mod to 2nd gen light bar today, the light sockets were scorched and didn't care to have to pay for new bulbs and wire connectors. So added perhaps extra airflow to the radiator with holes drilled in front lenses and the light plugs removed from the rear. Didn't care for the dingy yellow lenses so painted satin black.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just a little pre-winter maintenance. My shop did the work. (I could break a nail doing this stuff ya know !)
Changed out transmission fluid, new air filter, replaced coolant, serviced, transmission, flushed cooling system.
Had ABS code B1342 - module fault. Ran the self test and it passed, cleared the historic code.
I did new tires, struts, swaybar links this summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This will be my son's first ride. He will be getting his license soon. Purchased the car a few weeks ago and sorting it out! We worked on it a bit yesterday and I took him around the car to show him things about it. Air Filter and ECT changed. Got him a small emergency tool kit and air compressor. Checked and inflated his spare tire and also changed wiper blades. He really likes it!

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
2001 Silver Taurus took it's last rode trip to the salvage yard today. 200,038 miles at a cost of $10k seventeen years ago. It was one year old with 36k miles. Totaled five years ago by a deer running into her side. We got just under $3k and kept the car. Just took a headlamp, door and fender fron Pull A Parts which cost about $75. Can't beat around $500 a year plus maintenance for cost of ownership. If it wasn't for the body rot I would have kept her longer. Well just two Taurus in the driveway now.
IMG_2424.jpg
IMG_2428.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
2001 Silver Taurus took it's last rode trip to the salvage yard today. 200,038 miles at a cost of $10 seventeen years ago. It was one year old with 36k miles. Totaled five years ago by a deer running into her side. We got just under $3k and kept the car. Just took a headlamp, door and fender fron Pull A Parts which cost about $75. Can't beat around $500 a year plus maintenance for cost of ownership. If it wasn't for the body rot I would have kept her longer. Well just two Taurus in the driveway now. View attachment 215146 View attachment 215147 View attachment 215148
The "Claw"! I'd say you got your money's worth.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
2001 Silver Taurus took it's last rode trip to the salvage yard today. 200,038 miles at a cost of $10k seventeen years ago. It was one year old with 36k miles. Totaled five years ago by a deer running into her side. We got just under $3k and kept the car. Just took a headlamp, door and fender fron Pull A Parts which cost about $75. Can't beat around $500 a year plus maintenance for cost of ownership. If it wasn't for the body rot I would have kept her longer. Well just two Taurus in the driveway now. View attachment 215146 View attachment 215147 View attachment 215148
I'm sad it reached the end, but I'm happy you at least allowed it to enter the prestigious 200K club before its death. That's my goal now for mine. It's not dead yet, lol. I've been putting it off all summer, but with snow already touching the tops of the mountains, it's aboot time for her to go under the knife.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
I'm sad it reached the end, but I'm happy you at least allowed it to enter the prestigious 200K club before its death. That's my goal now for mine. It's not dead yet, lol. I've been putting it off all summer, but with snow already touching the tops of the mountains, it's aboot time for her to go under the knife.
200k was my goal also. My wife and I were pulling away from a stop light and heard a bang and steering seemed to change a little off center. That was at 199,800 miles. It was our daily driver and used it a lot. I inspected the front end and only saw that one strut seemed to have dropped about two inches. It wasn't a broken spring but it changed the toe in and the steering center. I shortened the tie rod a few turns and it fixed that issue. Drove it until I hit 200,038 miles. But I felt uncomfortable driving it long distances and we started using my 2006. My other 2001 is falling victim to the underbody rot so it doesn't get driven much and is the next to go. It recently popped a brake line in the front near the master cylinder which I haven't located yet. Hate working on cars with body rot, seems like a waste of time. Deciding whether to by a stainless steel pre-bent set for $145 or just replace the one line.

8081 - 8090 of 8090 Posts
About this Discussion
8.1K Replies
474 Participants
Automender12345
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing