Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
61 - 80 of 8,386 Posts
got the wash done swirl mark remover and a coat of wax on today .

also last night i purchaced a custom built box for the bull for a mach 5 audio spl 12 from toys with nosie in brighton michigan i was going to build my own but i suck at carpet lol's just don't ask lol'z. now i just got to figure out some kind of amp rack for the bull for a sun down audio sae1200 d version 2.

About 5k miles ago I replaced the cam synchro with the Dorman, before reading the thread on here about them. The new one hasn't started squeaking, but the cel came on yesterday with a code for the cam sensor. I had saved the original synchro/sensor so today I replaced the sensor with the original and cleared the code. Done plenty of driving today, so far so good!!

QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 10 2010, 12:32 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=796485
So how busy are you in the next few weeks of April...this sounds like a great time/opportunity to consider a Charlotte meet maybe? :D That SHO must ride like its on rails![/b]
I'm going to be out of town the weekend of the 25th, my mom's having her 80th birthday. I'll try to work around any other time.

The SHO is really running sweet. The front strut tower brace and h-brace, combined with the sub-frame connectors already installed, really help tighten things up, almost like the car is smaller than it really is. The 96' Big-Brake upgrade really brings it to stop NOW. Can't wait to show it off.

I changed my instrument cluster from this:
[attachment=32779:IMG_3441.JPG]

To this:
[attachment=32778:IMG_3454.JPG]

:coolgleam:

Attachments

I went to wash mine and hit the the pass rear wheel well with a spray of water that dislodged the paint and revealed the rust crater I have under there. I'll be getting out the fiberglass, putty, and sandpaper, and ordering some matching paint and clear. Icky. I'm not great at this stuff.

- Final calibration of the cluster pointers after swapping my gauge faces yesterday.

- Added alarm LED to the sunload sensor.

- Re-greased the power antenna drive gear and mast.

- Attempted to add a 'T/C Off' switch, but it was not able to work because of a factory-set override. More details in the Topic Finder thread on adding a T/C Off switch...

Today I got the Yamaha's slave chain tensioners replaced and added 6 new 3.2 purple injectors. Shims are good.
Put the factory '89 coil and throttlebody covers on.
Added a Lincoln turn signal switch and chrome doorlocks to match the shifter.
Built a puddle light in the mirrors.

Just added light cruise and a newer leather wrapped steering wheel:

My car might as well be an 02-03...its becoming to have more features like one :lol:

And for those not aware....00-early 02s do not have illuminating cruise control.

upgraded to 1/0 gauge wire today installed the sun down audio amp 1500+ watts at 12.8 volts is a good amp if you ask me lol'z. vacuumed out and armeralled the dash and vinyl door pads now i got to remove the old amp and 4 gague wire and deside on the amp rack.

Sundown is some good stuff. BIG bass for not so big bucks. B)

What have I done to my Taurus lately?
-Washed it on Sunday.
-Drove it to work today.

Srsly, that's the most I've done to it in a month. :lol:

Coming soon:
-02 GEM from Dr. Nick.
-Roush Springs
-Struts Unknown
-Ingalls rear bars
-24/26 combo (maybe)
-New front LCA's
-possibly some new hubs
-H&R front and rear wheel spacers.
-Totally empty wallet.

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Apr 11 2010, 12:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=796646
I changed my instrument cluster from this:
[attachment=32779:IMG_3441.JPG]

To this:
[attachment=32778:IMG_3454.JPG]

:coolgleam:[/b]
SHOsource kit??? Very nice...

QUOTE (vteclol @ Apr 12 2010, 07:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=797028
SHOsource kit??? Very nice...[/b]
Nope, it's an OEM part. I bought it from LKQ; it's out of a junked '07 Taurus SEL- Dark Shadow Gray/Med. Parchment, loaded, with 42k. :( Tragic.

Their loss, your gain. It's tragically delicious. :D[/b]
:liplick: Mmm, mmm, good. Thanks, guys!

Their loss, your gain. It's tragically delicious. :D

topped her off with transmission fluid...she's leaking a bit from the torque convertor... :angry:

in the next couple months (hopefully):

• replace spark plugs
  • buy replacement bumper, bug deflector, fender, fender inner skirt, left turn lamp assy, and valence (stupid blowout; which was due to next problem)
  • get her aligned - she ate 2 sets of front tires before i realized that was the prob (first set blew, so i couldnt tell thats what had happened) - no vibrations, shaking, or nothing! :eek:
  • have tranny pulled/ torque convertor replaced
  • change exaust setup to something similar to what ffvulcanpowah has (daggum that thing sounds balls out!)
  • add underdash lights on driver and passenger side
  • add led puddle lamps
  • locate speaker problem drivers speaker
  • buy new tires
  • add spoiler
  • change stock audio
  • change oil again
  • buy k&n box air filter
now...some of these prob aint gonna get done...lol that would mean putting more $$ in than what i got her for ($1500)...lol

Hard telling where it's leaking from if the fluid is coming from behind the plate between the oil pan and the transaxle. Most likely the front pump seal, don't buy a new torque converter if you don''t need one. Unless you really want one for some reason.

That F**k JDM sticker is an interesting alternative to the 'Calvin pissing on [Insert brand here]' ones. :D

On Tuesday, I made an appointment with one of the local tinting shops to take my bull in on the 24th for 35% Front/35% Rear non-metallic tint. Kevin and I also rotated my uni-directional Michelins, now that they've gotten broken in after 6,500 miles. Finally, I got her washed... Silver Frost is so shiny. :wub:

Today, I finished putting this on...

[attachment=32831:IMG_3484.JPG]

[attachment=32832:IMG_3485.JPG]

Sterling Auto Body in Rolling Meadows, Illinois is the shyt! :horns:

Attachments

Are you going to pop out the brake light so they can tint the whole window at once, or going around the light? Are you getting the tint strip above the AS-1 line on the windshield?

61 - 80 of 8,386 Posts