Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

6101 - 6120 of 8090 Posts

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
After some trial and error the other strut is now replaced, same with the end link. New tires later, trans filter some time in January.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
That's a beautiful car. It's even AWD with the CVT!!!! I want!

Damn it, Josh. DAMN IT. Sell the 02 and get that thing for yourself so I know it will have a good home. Just don't let the 92's final driver come near it...
I don't want to touch a Five with the CVT let alone drive one. Plus I bet they're asking 10k for it... I'd rather have the Green FWD I drove lol.

If I listed the SEL for $2600 it would sit for seventeen months and someone would offer me a trade for a 91 Geo Metro and $30 cash. LOL

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
I don't want to touch a Five with the CVT let alone drive one. Plus I bet they're asking 10k for it... I'd rather have the Green FWD I drove lol.

If I listed the SEL for $2600 it would sit for seventeen months and someone would offer me a trade for a 91 Geo Metro and $30 cash. LOL
Drive it, even just for grins. I ***LOVED*** the CVT I had. I want it back.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
Okay. New struts, new end links, new Hankooks and an alignment. Rattle in the front is gone now, car rides quieter, and the Cadillac front ride is no more. Proper European driving dynamics again.

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
I didn't do those but they looked fine, thankfully. Alignment was close to good, right tire toe was way out though. Like .43 instead of .08.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My poor sable has sat in the garage since last Wednesday. I've been off work and the only real thing I've done is bird hunting. Take the truck for that. Plus we have had some nasty weather with snow and ice. The sable is staying clean!

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Washed and vacuumed the SHO.

Also went to the wrecking yard. Currently in the process of pulling the ABS ECU out of a Royal Blue Metallic 2000 SE Comfort (SEL) Duratec w/ Traction Control and 165,000 Miles, car ran and drove upon yard entry so the module should be fine, $50 beats $900 at the dealer. The only other cars in the yard with traction control were Vulcans (booo). I can't directly access the module the way the car is sitting (they stack them) so the clerk that likes me (because I come in so often) is going to have the car pulled and put in a special spot so I can pull the ABS ECU tomorrow. WOOOOO.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I replaced the left front sway bar link. So, no more front end clunk. I also vacuumed the interior and put in the winter floor mats. Since the winter mats are a universal fit type, I put some carpet protector along the corners and edges where the mat coverage isn't very good. Hopefully, I can peel the carpet protector up in the spring and not have a big mess to clean up.

·
Registered
9,609 Posts
I replaced the left front sway bar link. So, no more front end clunk. I also vacuumed the interior and put in the winter floor mats. Since the winter mats are a universal fit type, I put some carpet protector along the corners and edges where the mat coverage isn't very good. Hopefully, I can peel the carpet protector up in the spring and not have a big mess to clean up.
You live in the messy part of the climate. Clean up in the Spring, maybe July if it gets warm by then. :lol2:

Happy New Year.

-chart-

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,996 Posts
About 1000 miles on the new struts and tires now. Only issue on the way home was that the AC blower motor started squealing around hour 10 of 13, I had to mess with it for a while to shut it up again.

Got 30.73 MPG on the best tank, averaged about 28 for the trip.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Ordered a new accordion hose for the air filter box. After I install that, there's another 2 vacuum hoses I want to replace, along with the pcv valve

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Insurance bill came today, slight raise in rates. Gave me a good opportunity to re-evaluate coverage, though. Ended up boosting a lot of coverage for very little money.

Bills suck, but I'm willing to pay a bit for peace of mind. That said, Bull 2.0 is ridiculously cheap to insure--such a wonderful thing. This car really takes care of me sometimes.

6101 - 6120 of 8090 Posts
About this Discussion
8.1K Replies
474 Participants
Automender12345
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing