Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
41 - 60 of 8,386 Posts
replaced the front two tires that had been eaten by improper alignment, armour-alled the interior, cleaned out the trash in it, vacuuming later this week...took a few pix, discovered more fluid from tranny leak...and thats it...;)

QUOTE (risoworker @ Apr 6 2010, 10:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795609
I thank god hamal he spared us. The insurance
is covering both cars fully so that's a good thing. Now if the
house got hit I wouldn't have been this lucky.

Oh well it could be worse.[/b]
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Were the 'vic and Taurus parked in a low spot?

Up to this point, about 9 months after buying my Taurus I have done the following....

Mach RCU upgrade
Mach tweeters
front alpine speakers
2 12" RE Subs
hifonics 600 watt amp
HID 5K hi/lo kit
delta flowmaster 40 series
some blue leds here and there
brake pads just today

list to do in the next few weeks:
ordered dash kit for aftermarket headunit, hopefully in next week
put in headunit
maybe 2 rear speakers
20% tint closer to the end of spring before summer starts
grill mesh mod

hopefully one day soon:
factory spoiler add
aftermarket wheels w/tires

sometime way down the road:
get it painted two tone silver and black

Today I installed a pair of Pioneer 6x8 3-way speakers in the rear deck of my '05 Taurus. I'm getting a Mach amp and tweets from Bull Geek in the mail in a couple days, and plan to install them this weekend along with another pair of Pioneers in the front doors. I put some dynamat down too, so hopefully that helps keep the sound nice and smooth! B)

I only have like one of the little plastic things holding my bumper cover on. I'm half expecting the bumper to blow off in the wind haha.

There's nothing left where it "bolts" up to.

QUOTE (Millermagic @ Apr 6 2010, 04:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795692
QUOTE (risoworker @ Apr 6 2010, 10:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795609
I thank god hamal he spared us. The insurance
is covering both cars fully so that's a good thing. Now if the
house got hit I wouldn't have been this lucky.

Oh well it could be worse.[/b]
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Were the 'vic and Taurus parked in a low spot?
[/b][/quote]
yea my driveway has a dip to the property line were the stream was running from the pond.

Did a few things in the Spring sun:

Added the autodim mirror with compass
Didn't bother playing the hunt-the-wire game so it won't dim in reverse. I removed the pointless metal rod and foam from the passenger side A pillar (Gen 4 Taurus interior rattle #4 cured). The stock mirror slid off with a bit of effort. Likewise, the new one just slotted into the holder and clicked home. The compass is displaying South in the same spot my GPS unit displays North. Ho-hum. To anyone else who added the mirror: how have you tried to conceal the wire leaving the mirror itself? Did cars ordered with the Gentex mirror have wire displaying there too?

Added Mach tweeters
Wire taps are a bad choice for this job. The insulation on the stock wiring is too tough; I had both connected all up and neither was working. I instead cut a generous amount of it away from the source wires and the tweeter wiring (if you have the grey plugs, the colours also match), wrapped them ever so tight, and then did a phase test (I use a CD for this). With the tweeters in phase, the + and - of the exposed wiring is easily connected to the speaker wiring. Personally I like butt connectors wrapped in electrical tape. I don't solder in my car.

As a sidenote, this does in fact put the tweeter and the speaker in parallel. Has anyone tried connecting the tweeters in series with the speakers? Another improvement might be made by adding a lowpass filter before the speakers, if you know at what freqency the tweeters are taking over? How exactly were cars with the Mach system wired from the factory?

Added Vulcan "V6" badge

The only true Vulcan V6 badge, taken from a once mighty Topaz:

I also painted one blue and stuck it to the engine:

[Thanks to duraSEL for shipping so promptly.]

You can acquire a mirror wiring cover. The Taurus and Sable had one for 02-03, but the Gentex 177 mirror has always had one available. To reset the compass hold down the COMP button for about 10 seconds until it says C and then drive around in circles a few times...it'll calibrate.

Gen 4 rattles, I have those, how have you gotten rid of four of them?

QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Apr 9 2010, 10:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=796359
Gen 4 rattles, I have those, how have you gotten rid of four of them?[/b]
For the blower motor rattle I forced padding under it to stop movement (it used to squeak whenever the transmission shifted). Cotton rags did fine.

For the door panel rattle I padded it with shop rags and duct tape!

For the A-pillar rattle, as stated above.

Thankfully the Gen 4 dash does not rattle anything as bad as my Gen 2.

Let's see.......

In Feb, I installed an aftermarket headunit (JVC), dash kit, and 4 Pioneer 240w speakers

Then, I got my bull an all around, professional tint job (35%in front, 20% rear)

Multiple washes with a few coats of Turtle Wax Ice

Finally, I just now cleaned the entire interior and shampooed the carpets, by myself :D

Oh yea, got her an oil change......full synthetic (Castrol), of course :thumb:

But, there are still things to get done, which include new sway bar links and spark plugs

So yep, I figured since I haven't really been active that I'd list all the things I've done since joining

Went to School, had a great morning learning about Ford engines, went out for lunch and BAM! CEL on.. :(

Was annoyed all afternoon, went back to work, grabbed a scanner and scanned it...

FPR sensor went wacko...

Cleared the light and ordered a new one...

Gotta install it tomorrow...

I just had the following done to my SHO:

1) Installed Magnaflow Y-pipe with new O2 sensors.

2) Installed 96' Big Brake upgrade.

3) Added Front Strut Tower Brace Bar and Rear H-Brace.

4) Replaced MTX fluid with Royal Purple ATF.

5) Replaced Right Rear Tail Lamp Assembly.

It's been a busy week!

So how busy are you in the next few weeks of April...this sounds like a great time/opportunity to consider a Charlotte meet maybe? :D That SHO must ride like its on rails!

Went to the LKQ j/y this morning to hopefully score solid 03 door panels and perhaps a Mach RCU....no luck.

41 - 60 of 8,386 Posts