Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

4761 - 4780 of 8117 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Getting my old lady tinted at 9am tomorrow. Real excited. Already added a v6 badge and putting a chrome tip on the exhaust Monday. Will post post pics of my old lady with 15% tomorrow.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Drove it to the post office today... to pick up my new navigation APIM! Installing tonight.
Done. It's installed. It works like a dream. Jason knows his stuff. Configured without a single hitch.

I've never been so happy with an upgrade.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ordered the MGP caliper covers today. Also ordered new calipers with the rust preventative coating applied. They should be on property and installed before Carlisle. MGP covers are Red with the white print Ford Logo. I was going to wash today but rain put the kibosh on that plan. Watched Kingsman Secret Service instead.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Getting my old lady tinted at 9am tomorrow. Real excited. Already added a v6 badge and putting a chrome tip on the exhaust Monday. Will post post pics of my old lady with 15% tomorrow.
I thought of doing the same (tinting and v6 badge) but I want to find an older v6 badge so it won't look too tacky.. I saw eBay has some 3.0 liter v6 badges witch is what I have in my car...

As for the exhaust tip. I have yet to find one that WI fit my existing tip as it's tilted and folded down.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I thought of doing the same (tinting and v6 badge) but I want to find an older v6 badge so it won't look too tacky.. I saw eBay has some 3.0 liter v6 badges witch is what I have in my car...

As for the exhaust tip. I have yet to find one that WI fit my existing tip as it's tilted and folded down.

My badge doesn't look tacky at all looks extremely clean and professional.
And the 15% came out beautiful btw. I'll post pics tomorrow, it's been raining pretty much all day.

As for the chrome exhaust tip, you just need a sawzall or a handhed saw to trim off the "curved piece " then just pick up a clamp on tip and you're set.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well here she is. My silver v6 workhorse with 15% all around. Was a beautiful sunny day, gave her a wash after stretching her legs on the highway, then snapped a few pics. I'm really pleased how the overall look came out with the tint. Next is chrome exhaust tip Monday morning : )

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Planned on changing the oil today. But, since it's snowy and wet out, it might have to wait a few days.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Couldn't take it anymore. Friday I registered the black SHO for the season. Nothing quite like that first blast of V8 thunder :wub: after a long winter's deprivation :)
V8 thunder baby!! Congrats. I know I wouldn't be able to hold out either :rolleyes2:

Planned on changing the oil today. But, since it's snowy and wet out, it might have to wait a few days.
It's starting to FINALLY feel like spring here. 60* out is very welcoming.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Motorcraft cam synchronizer and cam position sensor
New alternator
Replaced the AC clutch
Motorcraft double platinum pugs
Taylor 8.2mm plug wires
MSD coil pack
New headlight assemblies w/6000K HID headlights
Window tint all the way around
Rockford Fosgate 10" DVC
MB Quart 6.5" component set (doors) and 6x9s (rear deck)
Rockford Fosgate 500 watt (rms) mono amp (sub)
MB Quart 640 watt 4-channel (mids/highs)
Dynamated doors and trunk (floorboards next weekend)
Big gauge OFC speaker wire throughout
"Big 3" charging system upgrade
Replaced every single bulb with an LED
...and just put the Gen-2 Taurus SHO "slicer" wheels aith new tires yesterday

This was all done in about the last 2 months. I have a '99 Sable that just turned 78,000 miles. The car had one owner prior to me...my grandmother. No way in a million years you'd expect this car to be almost 20 years old. Another reason I like this car is because it has the AX4N transmission, which I hear is a lot better than the other one.
Next project is going to be upgrading to 4-wheel disc brakes. Probably see about getting it to breathe a little better...maybe throw some lowering springs or coil overs on it, and just start upgrading the suspension. I never thought I'd have so much fun working on this car, but it's a real joy to wrench on. One last thing, I really want to swap in the DOHC motor...pretty sure I want to buy a rebuild kit and get a donor motor...but that's a WHOLE other thing! I'll get some pics put up soon, once it stops raining every other day...it's hard to keep clean.

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Motorcraft cam synchronizer and cam position sensor
New alternator
Replaced the AC clutch
Motorcraft double platinum pugs
Taylor 8.2mm plug wires
MSD coil pack
New headlight assemblies w/6000K HID headlights
Window tint all the way around
Rockford Fosgate 10" DVC
MB Quart 6.5" component set (doors) and 6x9s (rear deck)
Rockford Fosgate 500 watt (rms) mono amp (sub)
MB Quart 640 watt 4-channel (mids/highs)
Dynamated doors and trunk (floorboards next weekend)
Big gauge OFC speaker wire throughout
"Big 3" charging system upgrade
Replaced every single bulb with an LED
...and just put the Gen-2 Taurus SHO "slicer" wheels aith new tires yesterday

This was all done in about the last 2 months. I have a '99 Sable that just turned 78,000 miles. The car had one owner prior to me...my grandmother. No way in a million years you'd expect this car to be almost 20 years old. Another reason I like this car is because it has the AX4N transmission, which I hear is a lot better than the other one.
Next project is going to be upgrading to 4-wheel disc brakes. Probably see about getting it to breathe a little better...maybe throw some lowering springs or coil overs on it, and just start upgrading the suspension. I never thought I'd have so much fun working on this car, but it's a real joy to wrench on. One last thing, I really want to swap in the DOHC motor...pretty sure I want to buy a rebuild kit and get a donor motor...but that's a WHOLE other thing! I'll get some pics put up soon, once it stops raining every other day...it's hard to keep clean.
I want to see this car so badly lol

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I cleaned the interior of my car. Took 2 days to complete with my other obligations, but it was so worth it. Wiped windows, wiped all the panels, vacuumed, cleaned the seats with Murphy's oil soap, washed the carpets and mats, sprayed Febreeze on the carpets and mats...it was 9-10 months of dirt and grime and sand...

Coming up soon, I'll need a new engine air filter, cabin air filter, oil change, and transmission fluid change. Maybe have my other fluids checked and the brakes.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
One of those days to stay inside and rest.
My only outside was driving today and it was a mess.
Now to get the trash out.

Spring is on the way. Someday.

-chart-
That's about what it looked like here. I hope this was the last time I have to brush snow off the car.

4761 - 4780 of 8117 Posts