Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8110 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All mods have been put on hold for now. I'm just maintaining my car until May, when I finish school... but will probably have a little time in between papers and tests to drop in and see what mods folks are up to.

If you've done something to your bull, post it here so we can know what you've been up to.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I just had my trunk spoiler repainted for $150 and then dropping my car off to get my headlights restored Monday.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Last Saturday I de-yellowed my headlight lenses. And today I spent 2 hours washing the Tortoise (my bull), the rims, inside and outside glass, and detailing. A while back I added black floormats and took off my dealer sticker. But that's all.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
checked all my fluids, tire pressure, and cleaned the windshield. I vacummed all the cat hair out from when I moved last week. I'm driving it to McAllen tomorrow morning. 97k and no problems :D And my bull now has a carport and a red F150 to keep it company.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Used the 3m kit to do the headlight lenses on my silver SEL.

Turned out really well.

Mike
:woot:

·
Registered
587 Posts
smoked tail lights
painted taurus rims did not have good rims when i did it
smoked side markers
tinted windows
upgrade to after market radio with bass
neon interior lights
alarm i put it in my self it easy

think i got to do is fix the cruise control / horn and replace the rear trunk lid tail lights mine cracked and maybe get rims i mite get a new taurus firist unsure though. replace the dpfe sensor check engine light is on finaly found the exaust leak and got it under control now to replace the dpfe. that my list of to do and dones

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
Funny that you should ask about today!!

Changed the oil on the 03 and 04 today

Rotated tires on the 03 and 04 today.

Now relaxing and watching the Final Four games!! :)

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Tried to blow it up ... with no luck.

Smoked taillights sounds nice. Too bad I never got around to that one, I have an extra set laying around too.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
QUOTE (Gentz @ Apr 3 2010, 06:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795089
I have replaced the Front Bumper and Headlights with Brand New.[/b]
I need to find a silver rear bumper cover for a gen 4.5. Some jerk backed into it when I lived in a apt in XXitsville, in Austin. I could cover it with a DARE :lol2: sticker, but I think bumper stickers look tacky.

·
Banned
375 Posts
QUOTE (austex04 @ Apr 3 2010, 07:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795091
I need to find a silver rear bumper cover for a gen 4.5. Some jerk backed into it when I lived in a apt in XXitsville, in Austin. I could cover it with a DARE :lol2: sticker, but I think bumper stickers look tacky.
[/b][/quote]

http://www.pershingauto.com/

Best Place for bumpers... hands down.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Cliff @ Apr 3 2010, 04:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795063
I just had my trunk spoiler repainted for $150 and then dropping my car off to get my headlights restored Monday.[/b]
Whoa what? Your headlights "restored". Details please...what are they doing to them.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Changed the oil & filter in my car a few days ago...set for another 7500 miles/6 months :)

Tomorrow I'm adding in the blinking LED to the sunload sensor, and adding lighted cruise control w/a new leather wrapped steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
QUOTE (Gentz @ Apr 3 2010, 06:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795093
QUOTE (austex04 @ Apr 3 2010, 07:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795091
[/b][/quote]

http://www.pershingauto.com/

Best Place for bumpers... hands down.
[/b][/quote]
....but they don't have any rear covers for gen 4.5 Taurus :(
How do the new headlights fit? Are they genuine Ford, or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I have picked up my bull today :)

She sat for a nice 4 days, in a comfortable parking lot, surrounded by Ford E-250's to keep her safe and company.

So now I got 3 days with the bull and to fix the power antenna this weekend.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 3 2010, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795110
I just had my trunk spoiler repainted for $150 and then dropping my car off to get my headlights restored Monday.[/b]
Whoa what? Your headlights "restored". Details please...what are they doing to them.
[/b][/quote]
The usual headlight restoration to see if they can take out the yellowing on the top parts and some light scratches.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Changed the oil and filter this week; it's got Valvoline Durablend 5W20. Changed the ATF (Valvoline-brand Mercon V) and tranny filter (Motorcraft) today, and added a handy B&M drain plug to the transmission pan for future convenience. Bought the parts and pulled up the wiring info to change my Gen 4.5 cluster to white-faced gauges and to add a 'T/C Off' switch- perhaps next weekend if the weather's clear. And I'm possibly getting my 35% Formula One tint installed next weekend, too. If not then, it's happening by the end of April for sure.

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I haven't driven mine in almost a year. I charged the battery, removed the SHO rear bumper I was test fitting, and began reinstalling the door panels that have been off since I replaced the broken driver's side mirror taken out by a hit-n-run. The car is going back into family rental car service. Mom's SVTC is worn out, so until I replace it, she gets the Taurus.

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
Nothing since I'm out of state, but the oil did get changed before I left. Sitting for 2 weeks without being driven. :(

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
QUOTE (Cliff @ Apr 3 2010, 07:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795122
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Apr 3 2010, 08:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=795110
[/b][/quote]
The usual headlight restoration to see if they can take out the yellowing on the top parts and some light scratches.
[/b][/quote]

A 12 dollar kit from wally world and an hour will make them look good as new.

Mike
B)

1 - 20 of 8110 Posts