Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to get an idea of how much power one inherits from adding on a new UDP and is it worth the money to those who have purchased and installed on their vehicle.
thank you
jorsh

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Well, if you want Duratec UDP's, good luck. SHOShop made some a while back, but they're very rare anymore. The only person I know that has them is Venom.
As for the Vulcans, well, there just aren't any. There are some for the Rangers, but I don't think they'll fit.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I installed a set of UDP on my 1991 SHO. The claim is for about 5-8hp all across the rpm range. The main benefit I wanted was longer life on the accessories and 8000+ rpm rev limit. I am sure if you pulled the pulleys off your alternator, water pump and power steering you can find some one to machine smaller pulleys for you.

Bob

·
Registered
959 Posts
What the hell is a UDP?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Under Drive Pulley---makes the belt-driven accessories run slower, freeing up more power. In the high-revving Yamaha motors, it also helps prolong the life of the accessories, since they'll fail in the upper RPM's way before the engine does.

-Rob

·
Registered
959 Posts
so it's a larger pulley wheel, or what?

If the only draw back is that my heater blower runs a little slower, I'm hip. What do I need?

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Oct 11 2004, 09:39 PM
Jorsh, search is your friend. Use it.

I dynod a SHOshop UDP at +10whp +9wTRQ.
No ****? You got a dyno chart or something? That's about double than what I was expecting on a dura. Nice gains.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
When I have another car, I'd like to start modding the engine on the Sable...and UDPs sound like they'd be a really good idea!

JR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts