Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a friend who seems to think that the stock radio in his Taurus is better then the tuner on my JVC KDSX980. I disagree with him, he is all gung ho thinkin that Stock tuners are better than aftermarkets, however, hehas only bought crappy aftermarket units (Pyramid tape deck).

What do you ythink?

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Haha, you have to be kidding. My JVC headunit is leaps and bounds better then stock, and thats runnning through the crappy stock speakers.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Aftermarket definitely. Not all aftermarket units are created equally either, some have much better tuners than others. Kenwood, Alpine, and Pioneer all have (to my knowledge) great reception. Eclipse, which is regarded to have have great SQ units, has surprisingly dissapointing reception from what I've heard.

·
Registered
221 Posts
i agree, my alpine has twice the reception as the stock one. at least it seems that way :p

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
I had a pyle mp3 receiver in my tempo, reception sucked.....
Kenwood Cassette player... same as stock
JVC Cassette player....better than stock
My Clarion mp3 receiver...EVERY channel is clear, but if I dont have my antenae on, I dont get crap.....
I live in a valley and its nearly impossible to get a station clear all over....specially with so many stations...but my Clarion is amazing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts