Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys (and Gals),

Im here sitting on my comp chair... and Im bored. Not that I have nothing to do, it's that I see there not being anything TOO interesting on the Forum. Last thing that caught my eye was the "Flip Trunk Mod". Thats it. Before that was the SHO-ABLE project, that I still intend on proceeding with. Before that, SWAY BARS were the thing to do. Dont forget about the Tranny Coolers!! Alberto's Chip, AAS Body Kits... and much much more...

As I take a look here through the hundreds of pages of the forum, seems that there aren't too many doing KICK ASS mods to their rides. Im not saying the things some are doing is not cool. It's just not catching my eye, or it's not UPDATED too often.

With this thread, I am not looking for trouble. Im looking to see who is doing "what" around here. Show me something wicked! Something no one has done before with their Sable/Taurus'.

As the "Great One" would say,

"Im Rick James Bitch! Show me something!!"

Thanks you,

SableSal

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, but I wanna see what everyone is doing to their Taurus/Sable. I mean... it's getting pretty boring around here... EXCITE ME!! LOL

I think project Baby SHO, SHO-ABLE and some others on here are about it. What about the newbies??

Sal

·
Registered
702 Posts
I agree with ya Sal, there's not much to do. I've been looking into Windshield decals because Im running out if ideas of things to actually DO to the car.

By the way, I found a way to make the reverse lights come on when the trunk is poped open... Just splice a wire into each positive wire going into a reverse lights, and connect it to the positive wire on the light thats supposed to come on when the trunk is open.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Where did you get the blackout paint for your tail lights, Sal? I went to Pep Boys the other day and they said they'd never heard of anything to black out tail lights- but the people who work at the Pep Boys by my house don't know much about cars- they're just cashiers...

Someone should try Lamborgini doors... :blink:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I thought my leather swap was pretty cool.. But I guess thats not really exciting.

I think people are starting to wrap their projects up for the winter. After the Lapeer meet, the winter tires will go on and the slicers will be put away. Then the fun starts as we plan our moves for next spring.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Winter is the time to pay off all those expensive projects you jumped into!

My SC project has turned into just that... I was going to do a very custom job on the engine but will end up just getting the new tranny the SC and the intake and exhaust work done. It is 2/3 paid for... I just got an SHO with a lot of miles that is well maintained but will need new SARC's and new front rotors.. just general maintenace on that stuff.

The Duratec will be COMPLETELY stripped.. No AC nothing in the back.. I'm debating on if the Radio should go or not.. If it doesn't I'm only leaving the two front speakers. The Duratec will be weekend fun ONLY, weight reduction will be in full effect.

SHO will be the daily driver and probably be modded to a point but beyond intake and exhaust work most of the money will go to Maintaining it.

I can do a How-to on blowing all your money and going into credit card debt for a family car.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I think people are starting to wrap their projects up for the winter. After the Lapeer meet, the winter tires will go on and the slicers will be put away. Then the fun starts as we plan our moves for next spring.
all of my funds are going to my truck now, but i'm saving a little every paycheck for my plans in the spring.

SHO will be the daily driver and probably be modded to a point but beyond intake and exhaust work most of the money will go to Maintaining it.
what year? gen 3? you might be suprised about the cost, unless you drive it like you stole it... like me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, well that sucks. LOL Im still going to be modding out the Sable during the summer. It's one of those CALIFORNIA Perks..lol

SHO-ABLE is still under-way. Alberto's chip is another I still have yet to do. (I keep pushing that off for some reason). Im thinking on adding the skateboard at the rear as well... not too sure.

That's one of the other reasons why I hate winter. No fun. LOL Well keep me posted guys.

SpeedyGreen: Sounds good (refer to reverse light) but I dont think I would want it like that... I'll think of a better less hassle way.

SableSal

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I don't know it's really interesting but here are my mods:

Installed 140 MPH Cop Speedometer
Installed new head unit
Installed new speakers
Installed "keyless radio"
Installed new seat side panels
Installed new trunk and gas release levers
Installed new cupholder
Installed SHO storage bin
Installed K&N panel filter
Removed Intake Silencer
Added two decals

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Since July I have dropped $500 into my system (JVC headunit, 450W amp & 2 10" subs). Not much compared to some, but a lot for me. I did the K&N Filter (easy DIY). I don't have anything more planned since I am back at school with 0 income for the next 10 months...

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Well Sal, as soon as I get back from this wonderful desert, I am gonna try a dash swap from a mustang. It should be intersesting from what I hear. Also different rims, clear corners and a window decal. My wife has bought a dig. cam, while I have been deployed, so I WILL be able to take "before and after" and "as I go" pics. SO wish me luck. Mike

BTW, how is your sho front end coming along? (I read about it when I first "joined" here)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Mike, Take care while you're out there!

Its coming along GREAT! This next paycheck I should have most everything I need. Including the SHO front. ::crosses fingers::

I'll keep everyone posted.

Sal

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Sep 6 2004, 01:15 AM
As I take a look here through the hundreds of pages of the forum, seems that there aren't too many doing KICK ASS mods to their rides.
:neutral: Take a look at the archives then, Sal. I'd consider DMX's blown 3.8L and Nyron's show-stopping GL pretty kick-ass. malvin25 went and combined both worlds with a blown and kitted 2G. Venom's lightly modded Duratec automatic went and found itself in SHO territory pretty quick, and jlncc's nitroused Dura was in the 14's. How about Mikey's all-motor 15.7 Vulcan, or spragers' "back-from-the-dead" police pack? ArkanSHO's blown 3G SHO?

Point is, most people that sign up here don't do shat to their cars, which makes it all the better when someone does. I would say 1 in every 25 people that signs up here actually modifies their non-SHO Taurus or Sable. Look around, there's always something you may have missed!

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I agree. There are some mods that are just too expensive to pull off. But I seriously doubt that somebody in this forum had a crap load of money and got bored and decided to blow it on a Taurus/Sable. When I grow up I want a job like Brad's so I can freak the daylights out of my car!!! :p :D ;)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue+Sep 7 2004, 08:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TrueBlue @ Sep 7 2004, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Sep 6 2004, 01:15 AM
As I take a look here through the hundreds of pages of the forum, seems that there aren't too many doing KICK ASS mods to their rides.
:neutral: Take a look at the archives then, Sal. I'd consider DMX's blown 3.8L and Nyron's show-stopping GL pretty kick-ass. malvin25 went and combined both worlds with a blown and kitted 2G. Venom's lightly modded Duratec automatic went and found itself in SHO territory pretty quick, and jlncc's nitroused Dura was in the 14's. How about Mikey's all-motor 15.7 Vulcan, or spragers' "back-from-the-dead" police pack? ArkanSHO's blown 3G SHO?

[/b][/quote]
I remember, and still love all of those cars!!! It seems like everyone willing to actually mod their cars has left, with the exception of a few. Now, I know I'm not one who does a lot of modifications, but still, we gotta get some more excitement around here!

Point is, most people that sign up here don't do shat to their cars
It gets more and more like that every day.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've seen those cars. Amazing I would say. But what about others? I see how all the newbies don't do shat to their cars. I think that's sad. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to show them all when I do the SHO-ABLE and much more...

Sal

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Sep 7 2004, 01:55 PM
I've seen those cars. Amazing I would say. But what about others? I see how all the newbies don't do shat to their cars. I think that's sad. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to show them all when I do the SHO-ABLE and much more...

Sal
:huh: I think I've done pretty well with my Taurus B)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts