Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3364 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
THe biggest beef I have lately is these holier than thou managers at work that dont listen to you because you don't have VP, pres, director, manager after your name. I mean you are asking for MY help, then question the way I repair things. You sell real estate, I work for the IT department, if I tell you this is the way it HAS to be done, dont fu****g question me............ don't tell me that it's 'not acceptable'......... the company pays me to do this job because YES, I DO know more than you do. Until you do my job, or work for the IT department don't question us(someone made the top of the **** list, and the bottom of the 'important' list today).
Being in IT, I can relate to this SO DAMN MUCH. When it comes to computers, people seem to like to think they know what they're doing even when they don't. Most aren't rude about it but every so often you run into someone who doesn't know what on earth they're saying. It's like If you knew what you were doing then I wouldn't be here. Ugh.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I see the same thing as an electrician.

There's tons of politics at play in the companies, all the foremen have their favorites, and talk trash about you when you're not around. You don't get certain jobs just because you're not a suck-up to them.

I work hard, respect my workers, and go home. I take pride in my work.

Some people don't, they don't know what they're doing, disrespect all the workers but the foreman, but they move up in the ladders.

I don't play that game.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Weathermen really grind my gears. "OH! We're getting rain all day tomorrow! 100% possibility!"
-Next day is bright and sunny all day not a cloud in the sky.

·
Registered
672 Posts
1=Not using turn signals
2=Not using headlights in bad weather (lights are there to be seen, not always just to see with )
3=ALL phone and texting on public roads
4=Reading the paper/book/map/whatever on your steering wheel while attempting to drive...pull the f over
5=When I can't see your headlights in my rearview...you are too damn close
6=People driving down the highway with a flat tire AND passing an exit....get the hell off the road
7=Clean the snow off your car,I can't see when you are going down the road,with no lights on,blowing snow all over everyone behind you
8=Lane jumping two cars ahead just to end up three cars behind.....just stay with the flow,you'll get there faster
9=Having your rearview angled to see your make-up, not the road behind you....you are really not THAT pretty anyway
10=Drinking a cup of coffee on the freeway on a motorcycle with a passenger....WTF?

AND FINALLY....I don't care if you drive a foreign car,don't even care if you work for a foreign car company...is fine, BUT...DO NOT PUT an AMERICAN PRIDE sticker on your foreign car and complain about the economy!!!

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
1=Not using turn signals
2=Not using headlights in bad weather (lights are there to be seen, not always just to see with )
3=ALL phone and texting on public roads
4=Reading the paper/book/map/whatever on your steering wheel while attempting to drive...pull the f over
5=When I can't see your headlights in my rearview...you are too damn close
6=People driving down the highway with a flat tire AND passing an exit....get the hell off the road
7=Clean the snow off your car,I can't see when you are going down the road,with no lights on,blowing snow all over everyone behind you
8=Lane jumping two cars ahead just to end up three cars behind.....just stay with the flow,you'll get there faster
9=Having your rearview angled to see your make-up, not the road behind you....you are really not THAT pretty anyway
10=Drinking a cup of coffee on the freeway on a motorcycle with a passenger....WTF?

AND FINALLY....I don't care if you drive a foreign car,don't even care if you work for a foreign car company...is fine, BUT...DO NOT PUT an AMERICAN PRIDE sticker on your foreign car and complain about the economy!!!
Amen to number 11 :) I don't care for imports. I was at an auto show here in Syracuse this past weekend and while passing through Toyota to get to Ford a salesman stopped me and asked my opinion of the 2013 Camry. I told him it was a piece of **** and he should be ashamed for selling them. That was the end of his questions and he told me that was my opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
There is one roundabout here in Sheboygan though that is a complete mess, I'll give them that. I don't know who designed it, but it is legitimately bad.
Google Maps
Wow, that one is pretty bad. It's not even round!! It's got one way streets and everything! It's probably been there since the horse and buggy days, so that might explain the odd layout.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wow, that one is pretty bad. It's not even round!! It's got one way streets and everything! It's probably been there since the horse and buggy days, so that might explain the odd layout.
Try this rotary in a town a few miles from me. It is horrendous during rush hour. Whoever designed it must have been stoned.

The East Longmeadow Rotary

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Last night, I passed a tiny Asian lady in a 2012/2013 Honda Pilot. The speed limit was either 60 or 65, she was driving 55, on her cell phone, in the dark.....without headlights. The only lights she had were daytime running lights, which weren't full powered so they were dim. She never used her blinker, and it took a couple of drivers flashing their brights to get her to turn her damn headlights on.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,753 Posts
Weathermen really grind my gears. "OH! We're getting rain all day tomorrow! 100% possibility!"
-Next day is bright and sunny all day not a cloud in the sky.
Western Mass. is one of the hardest places to predict weather in. You have weather patterns coming from three different directions converging in or around Blandford, then heading east they hit that cut-down traprock ridge between West Side and Westfield that Lane spent 30 years excavating. (I grew up watching that get lower every year, and every summer our sunsets were lower as a result.)

I remember one weatherman on Channel 40 who was an alkie, and I think it happened when he moved to Springfield.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,753 Posts
Nothing beats the rotary at US5 and US20 at the end of Park Ave in West Springfield, at the foot of the North End Bridge. I have seen rotaries all over New England, and elsewhere as well - aside from POSSIBLY the one in Cambridge where Routes 2, 3, and 16 come together, I never saw anything for combination of amount of traffic and sheer chaos. I learned when I was 17 to go into it with my headlights on as fast as I could. Cars with dented fenders have right of way.

When US5 was built under grade level in the 1940s it removed a lot of through traffic, which actually hurt things. With no one entering the rotary too fast, he who seizes the moment survives the encounter.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
John, Lexus = Toyota :)
........... with a bigger price tag ;)

Being in IT, I can relate to this SO DAMN MUCH. When it comes to computers, people seem to like to think they know what they're doing even when they don't. Most aren't rude about it but every so often you run into someone who doesn't know what on earth they're saying. It's like If you knew what you were doing then I wouldn't be here. Ugh.
And that leads me to today's KMFA moment........ Working on a problem with the wireless and people saying things are 'slow' and they are 'going to walk out and leave if we can't get it fixed'. My reply...... you promise?? I do corporate IT for 29 real estate offices dealing with pc and network issues so I deal with salespeople every day. I love the 'my home network is so much faster than it is here this is pathetic'........ no ****......... your home network has what 1, maybe 2 computers running at a time and everything gets thrown out to the internet no questions asked? There are at any given moment 5-20 users in each office, running 30Mb buisness cable lines going through our VPN with security up the wazoo. Please tell me how they CAN compare? Ignorant people.

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
.I love the 'my home network is so much faster than it is here this is pathetic'........ no ****......... your home network has what 1, maybe 2 computers running at a time and everything gets thrown out to the internet no questions asked? There are at any given moment 5-20 users in each office, running 30Mb buisness cable lines going through our VPN with security up the wazoo. Please tell me how they CAN compare? Ignorant people.
Tell them to quit surfing YT and FB all the time! :D

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nothing beats the rotary at US5 and US20 at the end of Park Ave in West Springfield, at the foot of the North End Bridge. I have seen rotaries all over New England, and elsewhere as well - aside from POSSIBLY the one in Cambridge where Routes 2, 3, and 16 come together, I never saw anything for combination of amount of traffic and sheer chaos. I learned when I was 17 to go into it with my headlights on as fast as I could. Cars with dented fenders have right of way.

When US5 was built under grade level in the 1940s it removed a lot of through traffic, which actually hurt things. With no one entering the rotary too fast, he who seizes the moment survives the encounter.
That one is bad too, I use it at least twice a week. Luckily, when I'm using it, most people take the exit before where I enter, so its fairly painless. 5PM? Forget about trying to use it then!

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,753 Posts
That one is bad too, I use it at least twice a week. Luckily, when I'm using it, most people take the exit before where I enter, so its fairly painless. 5PM? Forget about trying to use it then!

Some things are timeless!:lol2:

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Tell them to quit surfing YT and FB all the time! :D
You know them all too well. :lol2: They ALL do it, and stream sirius online, then wonder why it slows down. At one time I blocked all traffic to myspace and FB. They didn't like it but I didn't care...... I'M the admin not you. :rolleyes2: Then they started using FB as 'marketing tool' and I had to lift the ban. It's nice to show them that I have more power than they think I have, when necessary.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,753 Posts
What gets my cork out tends to be things like people saying they have a 92' Taurus instead of a '92 Taurus (who ever saw a 92-foot-long Ford??)....and having 10$ in their wallet, instead of $10....there are more, but these are the worst.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
What gets my cork out tends to be things like people saying they have a 92' Taurus instead of a '92 Taurus (who ever saw a 92-foot-long Ford??)....and having 10$ in their wallet, instead of $10....there are more, but these are the worst.
I'm guilty of the 10$ thing because I normally say what I type in my head and when I get to money I go: Ten....dollars.
Lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
People who get on the interstate at 35MPH. It's 75, people, you need to be around 55 at least by the end of the ramp! I had this happen twice just today-first was old people in an Escape, the second was a hippie in a Toyota Prius.

At least I assume it was a hippie. I went past him too fast to see. (Thank you, Mr. Duratec!)

Also, 99.9% of Toyota drivers in general. There's something...wrong...about them. They don't drive intelligently.
Ha yes. I've been behind some people that come to a complete stop on an onramp merging into at least 80 mph traffic!

21 - 40 of 3364 Posts