Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

3361 - 3368 of 3368 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, for a youngster something more mainstream is better. My '90 (built Oct. 1989) has been in the family for 22 years, and I know every cubic inch of it - and I learned what to get when I saw parts available. I'm damned near a one-car parts distributor by now. An '86 is similar, but the interior parts and trim are harder to find in good condition. This isn't so much a car now, but a labor of love and stubbornness! I still managed to completely rebuild the front and rear ends and the HVAC system so it's about five years old mechanically...but it's not a job for a tyro or the faint of heart.
Also "something more mainstream is better" Is not what I want. If you know me I hate a lot of the trends of modern cars today. I hate most modern mainstream cars too. I'd rather drive something older with a column shifter and bench seat.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, for a youngster something more mainstream is better. My '90 (built Oct. 1989) has been in the family for 22 years, and I know every cubic inch of it - and I learned what to get when I saw parts available. I'm damned near a one-car parts distributor by now. An '86 is similar, but the interior parts and trim are harder to find in good condition. This isn't so much a car now, but a labor of love and stubbornness! I still managed to completely rebuild the front and rear ends and the HVAC system so it's about five years old mechanically...but it's not a job for a tyro or the faint of heart.
Sorry to hear that, but dads usually know what's best. How much was the wagon, and how much money did you have saved up to buy it?

Also, why did the car have to be towed instead of him just driving it to you? I smell untold details about this "perfect" wagon. Portland to Spokane isn't that bad a drive. Done it a few times myself when we lived in SnoCo and we'd drive around Washington and coastal Oregon.
Here was the car. Remember this one? It was at $1500 before it was sold.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I know there are a few people on here who do have an 86 Taurus LX wagon but most of those people haven't been active for 3 or 4 years so it's hard to tell if they still own them. There was someone who even has the exact Medium Canyon Red wagon I'm looking for. If only these people were active more and willing to part with their car...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well good news my dad will let me buy a vehicle. Just wish it had been earlier so I could have gotten my hands on that 86 LX Wagon... Just gotta wait now for someone to offer me one, notify me of one for sale, or find one myself. A lot of weight lifted off my shoulders.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The smell of a Taurus at a stop light when I replaced the oil pan gasket, timing cover and gasket and seal, yet the valve cover leaks on the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
  • People that don't understand roundabouts (especially two-lane roundabouts)
  • People that don't know how to turn (cutting corners and crossing lines)
  • People that are texting/surfing/reading while driving
  • People that block the left lane for more than 2 miles
  • People that blind me with misaligned headlights or illegal HID kits
  • And yes, people that drive Toyotas! (I've also noticed a strong correlation with erratic/confused driving.) They're usually nice people, but they just can't drive.
On the flip side of the roundabout thing, I hate two lane roundabouts that were only designed with enough space for a lane and a half.
For the toyota thing, their new line up is making me question my dislike for their vehicles

·
Registered
286 Posts
my gears grind over :
What RSteve56 said about Taurus smell.
Red light runners
Tailgaters
Women who wait until the cashier has rung up their cartful of groceries to start digging in their purse for their checkbook
(who writes checks anyway ?)
My box o' chargers that never seems to stay organized. I have no clue what some of them are for but can't find the one for my camera.

3361 - 3368 of 3368 Posts