Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

What Fog Lights Have People Put On Gen 3's?

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  ryanqzqz 
#1 ·
just want to know what lights people have put on and where they put them how much and how long did it take??? and were you happy with the results.

#6 ·
Originally posted by Rubix@Aug 3 2004, 11:49 AM
dang firespirit i like the brightness of yours, what company are yours made by/whered you get'em? im assuming yours aren't the $26.63 ones at walmart?
:D Always glad to help.

I bought mine at Meijer's (I don't know if you have one near you, but it's exactly like a Super Wal-mart.) And they were $21.96 total. The Box says "Cyber White 'Navigator'; Halogen Fog lamp (Blue lense, simulated HID white beam)" It included the Oval Halogen spot lamps, Pre-assmbled wiring harness, illuminated rocker switch, mounting hardware kit, and installation instructions.

Check http://www.pilotautomotive.com/ for their other stuff. I believe the part # for this is NV-531WK.... :banana:

#8 ·
Mine are installed under the parking lights. They are kinda tear drop shaped (kinda like the headlights...) Mine are white halogens with a blue LED parking lights. Right now it's wired to be just the fogs, or just the blue LEDs. Wiring took about an hour. They are Pilots that I bought at Autozone for 50 bucks. I'll try and remember and take some pics.

#9 ·
#12 ·
i just got a pair exactly like that... model number NV-501W

actually, I just installed them today and haven't had a chance as of yet to see how they are in the dark... still waiting for the sun to go down..lol

you'll need some extra wire and connectors, the wiring supplied with the kit wasn't long enough (the way I ran the wires anyway...)

#13 ·
thanks for the info firespirit. those are actually just like the ones im eyeing over at walmart. as soon as i get an extra $20 in my pocket im throwing them on asap, ill let yall know how they turn out when i eventually obtain them. 96waggin, i like yours, i had seen them before on your superford page. i cant see them on my car though. by the way, where in albemarle are you? im on the southside of richmond in chesterfield:)

#14 ·
I picked the hellas over the cheaper lights(about a 40 buck difference but they throw a much farther beam and the upper light cutoff is sharp so I'm not blinding everyone on the planet.
Rubix, good to see a local, I'm in keswick, just before you hit fluvanna(shadwell exit off 64)

#16 ·
where have you guys mounted youre switches in the cabin??or bay or inside whatever you prefer.

#18 ·
#20 ·
I loosened the left screw on the computer plug under the steering wheel and slipped the switch over the screw. My dream was to connect them to the parking lights, but me and electrical (especially in a car) don't get along that well...

#22 ·
You can just tap the relay's "trigger" lead into the brown wire on the back of one of your parking lamps. Then the fogs will come on anytime the parking lamps are on (Parking, Low and High settings).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.