Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Apr 19 2004, 10:49 PM
Native American. Blackfoot to be precise. Native last name is Turnipseed (don't laugh).
We talking 100% here? Or is this one of those 12.25% things? Not being an a** just curious. Never met a full-blooded Native American before.

Oh btw, 100% Serbian here.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
25%, sorry. My father's father was full-blooded. MY dad changed the family's last name to protect us from racism (you should see how NA's are treated in some parts of the country). But I am enough NA to be considered one.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Well, I guess I'm the mutt of the group...Polish, Ukranian, Irish, Dutch, German, British, Native American (like 5%), French, Spanish, etc...just throw a dart at a map of Europe, and you have like a 90% chance of finding my ancestry...but I do know that my relatives (on my father's side) came to the US in the VERY early 1700s. (my grandfather is an amateur historian and has been working on a family tree for over ten years)...

JR

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Being a native american myself, I've never liked filling in one of those bubbles. Weather it was on a school test or a public form. Maybe it's because I don't consider myself an "other".

But like I said I'm American Indian, 50% my mom is full blooded my dad was adopted so he doesn't know what he is. So for the most part I just say I'm Indian. Oneida is the tribe I'm part of and the city I live in. If it wasn't for them I doubt I would have the things I do today. Around here alot of natives are against the oneidas but, I don't care either way.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I have a lot of respect for Native Americans.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm polish (both parents are polish) but born in Australia (2 years after my parents came to Oz).....and I have the coolest Australian accent here (thats my claim to fame
)

M

·
0 Posts
i'm 99.99999999999999999999 % Polish....the rest is English and Danish

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I am 50% Scott and 50% Swiss. My Wife is 100% Polish (both sides), my kids are half Polish

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by D Man@Apr 20 2004, 07:05 AM
Being a native american myself, I've never liked filling in one of those bubbles. Weather it was on a school test or a public form. Maybe it's because I don't consider myself an "other".

But like I said I'm American Indian, 50% my mom is full blooded my dad was adopted so he doesn't know what he is. So for the most part I just say I'm Indian. Oneida is the tribe I'm part of and the city I live in. If it wasn't for them I doubt I would have the things I do today. Around here alot of natives are against the oneidas but, I don't care either way.
Oneida?

Humm i live by the Ojibawa indians...

and i live in Oneida County

where are you from?

N

·
0 Posts
I'm 100% Romanian. Whenever I have to fill in the bubble I just fill in the white one.

J

·
0 Posts
White... very white
I'm mostly Irish - I was adopted so I don't know percentages or really any of my original ancestry. <_< One of these days I'm going to track down my "birth family".

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Apr 20 2004, 09:36 AM
I was adopted so I don't know percentages or really any of my original ancestry.
so you really dont know then i guess <_<

1 - 20 of 105 Posts