Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if a Double Din with fit in a 2004 Taurus SE? And if so, what kind. I talked with a crutchfield.com rep and they told me that double dins dont fit but that had one for sale on their website that says it will fit. Sounds like they didnt know what they were talking about. Hopefully someone reading this will know. Thanks

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,056 Posts
If you have electronic climate control, it's possible. You have as SE, which would hint you don't have EATC, so I'll say no, you can't use a double DIN.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Yes, as Brad said, the only circumstance in which a double DIN aftermarket unit will fit is if you car has EATC. If you don't have EATC (rotary knobs) then you can always find a single DIN unit that pops out and folds up to a double DIN screen size.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Yep, with the rotary controls for HVAC, the only way you can get a double din is if you custom make a dash kit basically. EATC fits all double din radios.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Or you could do the EATC conversion and buy a proper GPS/7" DVD doubledin aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
so im was wondering the same thing i have a 2003 taurus ses it has the rotary knobs if it was easy to convert to digital so i can use a double din
I am only 70-85% done. I swapped the dash, autolamp, SJB & went EATC all at the same time. I had a guy from work who helped me for 6 hours (neither of us had any experience do this) then I was on my own for the next 16 hours. Translation...6 hours of panicking followed by 16 of sheer terror. It's isn't that hard if you read and understand the write up and have a plan, have all the parts, and pull a dash in yard getting the parts and take pictures. Tauruskev has a guide [print it out] ......:..*wish I did* and I am sure if you do this with a friend who will be there with you to completion it shouldn't take more than 5-8 hours tops.....*fingers crossed*. But if I had a chance I would have did this the first month I owned my bull. :pat:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
You have to admit that they looked really cool......10 years ago. My Dad recently bought another work vehicle and when I visited my parents I saw he had the exact flip out model I almost bought 3 years ago. Well.....Bravo!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had an Alpine IVA-D105 single din monitor in my Taurus for 6-7 years, just took it out about a year ago to put in a deck with front usb.Never an issue, never skipped and never broke.Excellent product, it is waiting to go into the focus shortly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts