Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of not having tweeters in my fake pods, so I drilled them out and mounted tweets in there. I also have 2 blue leds behind them, just havent got the lights hooked up yet. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Need...................More...................Holes.

IMHO. Other than that, good idea. Why not try to find the actual pod grilles?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
..looks cool, will look cool when it up, not sure if you'll get much sound tho....

can I ask you something....

Did you get bored?

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very bored. I actually get really good sound through them. And I could have got regular pods, but this was cheaper and cooler, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
:cool: I cant believe you got it to resemble this ---> :tcca:
I have done the twet-pod-mod, but only diference was I had to have all the holes just right, because it was about a two inch circle. I also did to more speaker holes like that on my doors. I was scared, because one mess up and I would have had to find a replacment piece... and that would have sucked.
Anyway, GOOD JOB on doing something different and "personal". MIke

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finaly got the lights mounted and hooked up behind the pods, you can really see the TCCA logo now. I will try to get pics of it lit up at night.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
sweet! :banana:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
That looks really cool. It might need an accent color to go with the lights so that when its mounted it really stands out. Somebody buy this young man a beer!! ;)

I see you roll in a black 99 vulcan.
I roll in a black 98 vulcan.
Rock on witcha bad self!!!

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tried to take some pics last night, but my stupid (cheap) digital camera doesnt have a flash, and the led's didnt put off enough light to take a pic. I will try to borrow my buddies later this week, or maybe break down and buy a new camera

·
Registered
702 Posts
I want to see the picts with the lights behind the grille. I bet it looks really good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts