Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a po136 code pop up on my 2003 ses vulcan vin code u with 39000 miles on her.
It shows bank 1, sensor 02 (code PO 136) and I was ready to change the rear oxygen sensor , which if I am reaching the right one is a pain in the neck remove.It looks to be under the heat shields .
It says the location is after the cat ,but I see no 02 sensor after the cat.
If anyone has a picture of the rear sensor I would appreciate it.
I also found out that the rear sensor is prone to connector issues and it also is only a reporting sensor which does not make any changes to the air fuel ratios in the ecm.
The car has exhibited no other symptoms.
I had the check engine light turned off a few days ago. Today I had to take the car , fully loaded, up to my kids college and drop them off.
Last night I took off the maf sensor and cleaned it , just to make sure it was not causing the 02 sensor to get a reading by adjusting the mixture wrong and leaving unburned fuel.
Today we traveled 265 almost all highway miles and I checked the mileage
on the current tank of all city use and the mileage from today's all highway trip.
The last tank was about 22 mpg
Today's reading was just over 30.
The check engine light has not returned yet.
The car is running great.

What do you think?

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Did you check its connecter and wiring? I wouldnt worry about it unless it pops back on. Yes, po136 is o2 sensor circuit malfunction bank1 (firewall) sensor2 (downstream post-cat).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts