Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good color for calipers? I think i want to paint them, but i don't know what. I'm thinking of black or silver, my car is green and my rims are an 18" open chrome design.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think that bright red looks cool, but its pretty common for a lot of cars that people have modified. You said you have open rims, so I guess it just depends how much of the calipers show. Bright red may be too much on a dark car though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just painted them and the shields silver. I'll have pics up tomorrow. I'll also paint my rear drums, probably flat black so they'll be least noticeable.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I want to paint mine, but I have stock rims, so I doubt you'd even be able to see them through the rims.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
blizzack! B)

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
I was gunna use this caliper painting kit from duplicolor, but then it turned out I wasn't gunna use it for a lil' while, so I gave it to a fellow member... Then, I turn around and one of my friends has bought me Ford Red paint, so I guess I'm destined to paint my calipers... ford red.

But to answer your question, I don't think you should put black on your calipers, because no one will notice it. I believe green would look excellent. You need to accent your car, not drown it in black!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think we may have the same rims, are those kazera kz-v. I got the chromw ones from tirerack.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
3.0 Cammer, if your actually going for Ford Blue, check the color to see if is infact what you expect. I used Ford Blue for my old calipers and the color was actually a pretty light shade of blue. I guess I may have expected the blue in the Ford Logo tho which is kinda dark.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Aug 13 2004, 12:13 PM
red and green are complimentary colors. They look good together.
I hope you're kidding, because red is the last color I would use in a scheme with a green car. Unless you've nicknamed your Taurus "Santa's Sleigh", stay away from the red/green combination.

The GL is Pacific Green, and I used just a normal green to paint my calipers. I like how it looks, and have gotten more than a few compliments on them.

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
Mine is Pacific Green, but I'm going to do the calipers in blue. We'll see how it comes out. I thought about buying the green and blue and trying to mix something close to PG, but decided to just try the blue.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Originally posted by SaturdaysVulcan@Aug 13 2004, 12:39 PM
3.0 Cammer, if your actually going for Ford Blue, check the color to see if is infact what you expect. I used Ford Blue for my old calipers and the color was actually a pretty light shade of blue. I guess I may have expected the blue in the Ford Logo tho which is kinda dark.
hey i bought some "Ford Blue" engine paint so and it is the same stuff i used to paint the duratec on the motor and it matches ;) all i got to do i just find time to do it

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
I'm going red on the drums and calipers. I'd rather have some big red Bremo shoes and rotors on all fours but this wheels and bodykit budget of mine is killing me slowly!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts